cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available Quantity randomly changing?

Went to my listings page to check on inventory and noticed some strange numbers under the "available quantity" column. Huge numbers that I did not input... in fact, many seemed to mirror the number sold. This seemed to affect approximately 10% of the listings... the others were fine. Has this happened to anyone else? I went to the listing page and it did show that large number available as well... which could have been inconvenient if someone actually tried to buy 44pcs of my stock that I only had 4 of!

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Available Quantity randomly changing?

I called eBay and they are aware of the glitch. The rep told me to not edit my quantities as they were going to revert it back. It was some type of encryption glitch. 

This is not my selling account.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

yes, it happens to me.... it seems like an eBay system glitch 

Message 2 of 57
latest reply

I called eBay and they are aware of the glitch. The rep told me to not edit my quantities as they were going to revert it back. It was some type of encryption glitch. 

This is not my selling account.

Message 3 of 57
latest reply

How long are we supped to wait? How many sales will we have to cancel?

Message 4 of 57
latest reply

I called them and they told me they are not able to access our listings to revert the number and that I have to do it myself. 

Message 5 of 57
latest reply

I had to update 200 listings this morning.  Took me 3 hours, as many were multi-variation listings with 50+ variations. All the quantities were wrong. Had to match every listing with my inventory to make sure I wasn't showing a quantity greater than what I had. There will be no way for eBay to go back and restore our prior quantities because (1) some sellers will update on their own and some won't, (2) things may have sold in the interim, and (3) they could create new problems by purposefully changing quantities back without seller knowledge. So this is a colossal headache created by eBay that they likely won't acknowledge or compensate us for. And as others have pointed out, many people will find buyers who pounce on previously out of stock high demand items that suddenly are back in stock . That will lead to cancellations (since the item is actually out of stock), negative feedback, and impacted seller ratings. Thanks eBay. 

Message 6 of 57
latest reply

So when did this start and when are we able to start fixing things again?  Was this just a one time thing where it reset them all and it's done happening or will it continue to happen as things sell?

Message 7 of 57
latest reply

devon@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay

kyle@ebay 

People say this has been reported.........but would help if you could verify that sellers should NOT make changes......that the cure, when applied,  will reset the accurate quantities.........

Message 8 of 57
latest reply

It sure didn't get fixed the last time this happened.

ebay just left sellers to try to fix the mess themselves.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 9 of 57
latest reply

I had this happen a few years ago.  When I talked to eBay, I was told that most likely I made too many updates or changes (not just update inventory) to the listings and it went haywire.  It was only to the items that I had the variations added and did make several changes to include when my next shipments would come in because of selling out quickly.  All of my other listings were good.  

Since other people are having the same issue at the same time, this probably isn't the issue, but sharing what caused mine to do this just in case.

Message 10 of 57
latest reply

my monthly listing/sold numbers items is now at 50k, approximately 20k more than when i went to sleep last night and 10k+ more than my 40k limit.  this is insanity.  people are purchasing variations that sold old a year ago!  Spent 1 hr with support and they didn't say one word about this.  what is going on?!?

Message 11 of 57
latest reply

Same Issue, on phone for 45 minutes this morning as i had sold an item I definitely don't have which sold a long time ago. Got to looking and sure enough a few of my variation auctions were showing quantities available that had sold almost for the entire previous year(it's Saturday I haven't sat in front of my computer all day to verify all of my auctions).  I was told to cancel any errors as out of stock and they would remove any defects.  Huge issue b/c any buyer will blame me and think I'm using ebay as a cop out.  I may be able to remove negative feedback but I lost that customer most likely forever.  Not to mention if they can't revert the quantities back to what they were, it will take me weeks to get my auctions back to normal.

Message 12 of 57
latest reply

Do we need to call them about all the cancellations?  I had to cancel at least 5 orders today alone.  I reset all the incorrect numbers because of people buying items I do not have inventory for.

Message 13 of 57
latest reply

customers have been purchasing items that I haven't had in stock for over a year.  Had to refund a handful of people today, what a mess my inventories are all messed up.  I hope no one leaves me a negative feedback over this ugh!

Message 14 of 57
latest reply

Same here. Have had at least two sales so far where people have purchased something that's been out of stock for months! If eBay can't revert this back, this is going to take me hours to fix. And how many disappointed buyers am I going to have to cancel on in the meantime?

Message 15 of 57
latest reply