cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account HOLD, top rated seller, has Ebay been Hacked, One Time payment Hustle, June 22 2021,

I am a long term seller of 14 years and was going to upload my usual collection of Antiques on Thursday and received an error prompt in Garagesale - " a hold has been placed on your Ebay account. Our records indicate that your credit card has twice declined a payment, and or your account is at least 60 days past due" This is odd because I went to the seller hub at it was showing $0.00 outstanding. Also unusual, I had not received any notification from Ebay about being outstanding. Historically if something was amiss Ebay let me know. Also I have signed up for the new payments system which is auto deducting . So I clicked through a few buttons and landed on the old seller account page that said I was actually outstanding and would I like to do a One Time Payment, clicked yes paid the money ($1500+) ...... and my account is still on hold. I then checked my Ebay statements and there is no reference to the money that has gone from my credit account? So thinking this is odd went through 8 different online chat sessions with Ebay to no avail then called Ebay on the phone. Apparently there is a "glitch" where peoples accounts are being put on Hold. Just putting it out there, has any one else had to pay money for their account that is not showing up in their Ebay statements. I am thinking I may of just got hustled from within the Ebay server! How many other sellers are on hold? Ebay have said they are trying to fix it but can't give a time..... is this a ransomware attack whilst they are quietly syphoning off money from sellers through Ebay disguised as outstanding fees? This week is shot as I have not been able to upload, and may of just gave away $1500!!! 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Account HOLD, top rated seller, has Ebay been Hacked, One Time payment Hustle, June 22 2021,

Something sounds very off in this story?  are you saying ebay agreed that you did owe all that money and they see you paid?  if so it sounds like you need to check all your new MP forms of payment like the linked checking account for MP and paypal .  If you made a 1 time payment, how did you pay?  we need more details to give any kind of good answer.   my first impression was that it was a garagesale phishing scam, but you got some sort of buy in from ebay support.  a piece to this puzzle seems missing?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Account HOLD, top rated seller, has Ebay been Hacked, One Time payment Hustle, June 22 2021,

No not as yet. They said it is a known issue that they are trying to resolve, so I guess not just me. Unfortunately I just have to wait until the solve the "glitch" until then I can't upload!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Is this a "Known" issue on ebay.au or is it worldwide?

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I am not sure of how wide or large the problem is they would not elaborate

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I just got hit with this while revising an active listing. I'm in managed payments and everything up until now has been without drama. I checked my account which said I owed $19+ for a couple of labels. I went ahead and did a one time payment just to make them happy, but it didn't help. eBay has had no problem deducting outstanding fees from my checking account in the past.

Did your problem eventually clear up?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi, I never found out anything after that ...... I have basically stopped after 12 years.

Cheers Scott

Message 7 of 7
latest reply