cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this unmarked sugar bowl RS Prussia? If so, do you know the mold number?? TIA

Is this unmarked sugar bowl RS Prussia? If so, do you know the mold number?? TIA

Kathy

rs prussia sugar bowl pink rose unmarked april 17 2019 001.JPGrs prussia sugar bowl pink rose unmarked  april 17 2019 002.JPGrs prussia sugar bowl pink rose unmarked  april 17 2019 004.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

For the most part, if it isn't marked with the proper RSP marks, it is not RSP. I know that there is this 'unmarked RS Prussia' story, that has always been there, largely perpetuated by auctioneers, but the fact is if you want to sell it as RS Prussia, and also provide the mold number, it had better be marked with the proper RSP mark. And, when I say proper RSP mark, I mean the old mark(s), and not the repro marks. And there are lots of repro stuff in the marketplace. As to mold numbers, it is often difficult to match any piece to a picture in a book, or on-line database, due to differences in decoration from piece to piece, so if I am going to spend my time looking for a mold match, it will be on a properly marked piece, not on an unmarked piece. Good luck!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

IMHO jrkirk is just flat wrong. 

I've been buying and selling Schlegelmilch porcelains for 40 years.  I've purchased and sold many unmarked pieces with definitively documented forms and decors.  That doesn't even speak to the unmarked pieces and marked pieces I've had simultaneously with identical molds to compare. 

I don't understand the "unmarked RS Prussia story" (yes, many auctioneers will mistakenly attribute generic Continental porcelains to one of the Schlegelmilch factories."  Obviously there are countless reproductions on the marketplace but that doesn't negate the fact that many RS pieces were unmarked. 

Who's asking you to research the RSP mold, just don't do it, be happy! 

(Unfortunately, I haven't gone through my references but don't think your piece is RS.)

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

But I'll look through the Leland & Carole Marple books and let you know.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I guess I misunderstood.  Are you saying there is unmarked RS, you can't make RS id's from pictures and catalog references of the molds and decors, or you just don't want to spend the time to research if it's not definitively marked?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply