cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with elegant glass console bowl. Maker?

I have not been able to find a maker for this piece. Does anyone recognize the blank? It has kind of a piecrust edge and then hash mraks(?) around the base. It measures 12 1/2" in diameter. 

I am not as concerned with the cutting on it, but would appreciate if anyone knows it as well. Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your pictures don't enlarge and it's difficult to see the detail of the area around the bottom of the bowl. 

The edge treatment is often referred to as "gadroon"  Cambridge made a Gadroon pattern but the edge of their pattern is different the yours.  Paden City also did a Gadroon pattern, and it could be theirs.  If it's not theirs, you can search "gadroon" at the site I linked to below

Here is an example of their Gadroon blank with an etch vs a cutting. 

http://www.chataboutdg.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=9849&mode=search

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Your pictures don't enlarge and it's difficult to see the detail of the area around the bottom of the bowl. 

The edge treatment is often referred to as "gadroon"  Cambridge made a Gadroon pattern but the edge of their pattern is different the yours.  Paden City also did a Gadroon pattern, and it could be theirs.  If it's not theirs, you can search "gadroon" at the site I linked to below

Here is an example of their Gadroon blank with an etch vs a cutting. 

http://www.chataboutdg.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=9849&mode=search

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Yes. It is the Paden City Gadroon. I knew it wasn't Cambridge because I have a few pieces of that. I didn't realize PC had done one as well. It was probably the one company I forgot to check. Thanks!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply