cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 RS Prussia Porcelain Portrait Pieces ~ Matched set? Unusual style?

Would anyone have any info on these lovely pieces?  All have the same RS Prussia backstamp with a red star. They were purchased from the same estate sale, but were they meant to be together as part of a set?  The creamer and sugar do have the same portrait as one of the lovely ladies on the plate. Think they were by the same artist?  We didn't see a signature anywhere, but there is an impressed "16" near the backstamp on the plate.

What do you think?  Sell them together as a set or not? 

Also, I wasn't able to find any pieces on Ebay with a similar shapes / style as is on this creamer & sugar pair.  Anyone care to share Info about them?  Any help is very much appreciated.

TIA!!!

Shari

3 RS Prussia Pieces-13rsz.jpg

3 RS Prussia Pieces-14rsz.jpg

3 RS Prussia Pieces-16rsz.jpg

RS Prussia Portrait Plate-1rsz.jpg

RS Prussia Portrait Plate rsz.jpg

RS Prussia Portrait Plate-8 rsz.jpg

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: 3 RS Prussia Porcelain Portrait Pieces ~ Matched set? Unusual style?

Well, I went through all my books and finally found the sugar's mold pictured in Gaston's RS Prussia 4th Series, page 105. She does not identify the mold number but this same shape was made into the RS Germany period. Since yours is marked(and authentic) with the the RSP wreath & star mark, it would have been produced from 1905-10. The portrait is of Potocka.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Your cake plate is RS Prussia mold 14 with portrait medallions, and FD 44 Hanging Baskets decor and is pictured on page 56 of Gaston's RS Prussia Popular Lines. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Could you show the bottoms and marks of the creamer & sugar?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

That's great info, Rosesrosegarden!  Thanks so much!  🙂  Here are the bottoms of the creamer and sugar.  No impressed marks that I could find.

3 RS Prussia Pieces-06rsz.jpg

3 RS Prussia Pieces-11rsz.jpg

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Just wondered if anyone else had thoughts on the sugar and creamer?  Wondering their rarity.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Have patience, Rose will be back to the board eventually. Rose & Bee are the resident experts when it comes to RS Prussia.

Garage sales are for people who are too neat freakish to go dumpster diving.. 😉
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Well, I went through all my books and finally found the sugar's mold pictured in Gaston's RS Prussia 4th Series, page 105. She does not identify the mold number but this same shape was made into the RS Germany period. Since yours is marked(and authentic) with the the RSP wreath & star mark, it would have been produced from 1905-10. The portrait is of Potocka.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thank you so very much for the help! 🙂
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

The girls pic in the first set I have seen on many a plate for sale here on Ebay. I had one too. Hmmm. She is very common. lemme see if I can remember how to find this plate so I can show you.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

The plate portrait features Potocka, Recamier & Lebrun.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi! Thank you for putting your information and pictures up. I have a matching oval bowl 13 inches across to the edges the handles. The handles, floral decor, green, and gold match your large plate. It has four portraits instead of six. Did you sell your pieces? I am interested in selling my bowl
Message 11 of 11
latest reply