cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of Upgrading from my Epson ES-400 scanner, what are you using?

I am currently using an Epson ES-400 Scanner.  It is about time to upgrade, looking to see what everyone else is using. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I thought that was the one to have! 

it seems to be discontinued, and the Mark II has replaced it.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I have run thousands of cards through the ES-400 and it did a great job, time to replace it before it dies in the middle of a pile.  Looking for something newer and faster. I decided on the DS-575W II scanner for the speed and capacity.  It has wireless capability that I probably will not use. It arrives Friday, I will let you know how it works out.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

just following up to see how the DS-575W II scanner is working out after a month of use....

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

It has been working out really good.  It does not seem much faster, but I have not scanned any large batches of cards yet.  I'll post an update after the next large batch. 

Tom

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the update! 

Currently I just use my little handheld Sony DSC-RX100 camera - I've been thinking about upgrading to a bluetooth version and building a light box so I can put the images directly into the computer and not be waiting for the couple hours of sun available here. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I'm using a  Brother-DS-740D At first I was afraid it would mark the card but up to now I've had 0 damage. You can see my scans at mousepostcards.com. I am still re adding the content as I had  crash recently. Best part is that it scans both sides at same time.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I scan 1000 or more cards at a time, I really would need a document feeder of some sort.  Great looking scans, and I agree I love reading the stories on the back of the cards too.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply