cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October seller category changes

It seems we no longer need to deal with the Item Specifics.  The fields are inactive - no pulldown menus.

I guess it will be much quicker to list. 

I still don't know the difference between the 2 categories. 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: October seller category changes

Wow!  For some bizarre reason I didn't think they would go through with this ... but they did!  I should have known.  I'm not positive about topographical and non-topographical but wait till you try searching with keywords.  It's a trip!  Note in particular the number of cards found for each search.   

I've been selling postcards on ebay for over 16 years and all I can think is they no longer care about this area of sales.  They're more interested in selling watches and sneakers.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

"topographical is such it is usually related to geology and an area such as a town state etc....

Yet in mathematics it is a whole field of such.  Biology its the structure of a biological item ect....

Who knows what ebay means by such. Should have included a definition of such.

Webster definition is : of, relating to, or concerned with the artistic representation of a particular locality.

good luck with trying to list in only two categories... Loss of sales due to the user that use to cruse the categories is going to happen...

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

something just blinked and now the Item Specifics are about 10 screens long, instead of 1 - this will make the bulk lister just about impossible to use. 

You would think they would have sent an email to those of us whose listings they messed with.  Techsociopaths feel no such obligation .

Ebay keeps making things worse and worse!

I predict in March ebay will change their payment scheme again - they will string out the payment time even further.  They are on a 6 month disruption schedule.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I am so frustrated with trying to list on my postcards on eBay.  They keep making it harder and harder for us. Do they not want our business.  I have cards on HipPostcards and have been doing very well on them.  I am thinking about cancelling my store with eBay at the end of the month.  This latest slap in the face to collectible sellers is too much.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

from my corporate experience I am sure this is someone who had to show they did something so they "disrupt" what is in place because they can't add any value to what we are doing, its already been priced in.  The division manager can praise his lackey and give him a good annual review and the issues we complain about will be taken up in another division.

Ebay still seems to have the critical mass for the best auctions.   I do see some dealers setting up their own auction sites.   

I'd much rather be selling to people in person, but in NY/PA the postcard community now discriminates against healthy people so I am not permitted to participate. There are quite a few of us who are shut out.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@deltilogical wrote:

It seems we no longer need to deal with the Item Specifics.  The fields are inactive - no pulldown menus.

I guess it will be much quicker to list. 

I still don't know the difference between the 2 categories. 

Hi @deltilogicalThere are still item specifics and there will soon be additional required item specifics. Things are in influx right now though, so we ask that you not make too many changes until this update has completed. We appreciate your patience! 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Any update on when eBay standard envelopes might be available again for postcard sellers?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

This whole exercise made me realize how much time I was wasting with item specifics.  It is liberating!  I just wish now, I wasn't forced to have to scroll though 5 pages of item specifics instead of 1.  

Even if I thought there was any value now in entering item specifics I don't have time to sift through 5 PAGES of item specifics that mostly have absolutely no bearing on what I'm trying to communicate to BUYERS.   This new template is not customizable as far as I can tell so I am forced to have to constantly scroll through 5 screens of nonsense to get to the comments and price.

ebay just taught ME not to bother with the item specifics, they wiped away thousands of hours of effort entering them! 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

They were available yesterday 10/14.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

became active again and the single screen is now 5 screens of irrelevant unordered noise!

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I use sixbit to list I hope their item dropdown will work. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

How long should we wait to update item specifics?

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

"ebay just taught ME not to bother with the item specifics, they wiped away thousands of hours of effort entering them"

I have to repeat this!  Its awesome not bothering with any categories - its all about key words.  My sales are about even.

There is no advantage or profit to sellers in what they did to us. 

Can't wait to see how the Coin and Stamp people react when Ebay gets rid of all their categories. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply