cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why has Ebay stopped my payouts and then say they are reviewing account!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@hiddendisneytreasures 

Did ebay state the reason in their message to you? What did they ask you to do? It seems odd that a 20 year veteran seller with great feedback and happy customers would have go thru this review.  Could you provide a bit more info? Sorry for your situation.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

They told me that its a annual review that everybody goes thru but like you said 20 years with no problems then this! holding money for a week to do a review is ridiculous.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

it appears that they do this routinely/occasionally just to update their files.....

you probably received a message, follow any instructions/prompts to update or confirm your information, and, assuming it is not a product-related issue, it will be back to normal in no time....

similiar happened to one of my accounts, and got the 'all clear' 30 minutes later

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@hiddendisneytreasures 

Really? I've been on ebay since '99 and I have never heard of this feature ever.  I think the holds on funds has gone a bit overboard in my opinion.  People remit all the right info to be paid only to be told their accounts are not ready for payments...some for months at a time.  This is just odd. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I agree, there is no reason for them to hold my money for any length of time. Review or not 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@monica-sells wrote:

it appears that they do this routinely/occasionally just to update their files.....

you probably received a message, follow any instructions/prompts to update or confirm your information, and, assuming it is not a product-related issue, it will be back to normal in no time....

similiar happened to one of my accounts, and got the 'all clear' 30 minutes later

Yep they've been doing these for a while now - over a year. Sometimes sellers are cleared quickly, other times they're asked to provide more info. There was a regular poster here that went through it and he was booted after the review, but I don't remember why.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Check for an email in MY Ebay.    Have you had an issues with a buyer recently? Did you sign up for MANAGED PAYMENTS? Did you give ebay your social security number?  This is REQUIRED by law. You will not see a nickel of your money until you do this.  Has ebay requested a valid ID and did you send it?   The ID, the social security number and the bank account name must match.  You can't be Bill Smith on 1 and William Smith on another.  Check.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply