cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why not PayPal?

Why is it so hard to have my funds deposited into my PayPal account, instead of into my bank account? I try to keep my web earnings in PayPal. This is unnecessarily complicated.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Why not PayPal?

Because eBay no longer has that arrangement with PayPal -- they cut the knot several years ago.  Now eBay uses Managed Payments, through a different financial entity.

You can probably arrange with the bank that is receiving your eBay payments, to transfer those payments immediately  to your PayPal account -- but that is a service for which your bank will probably expect you to pay.

Or you can just do it yourself -- without paying the bank.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Why not PayPal?

This is unnecessarily complicated.

It's eBay. That means it's necessarily complicated or it wouldn't be eBay.😁

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Why not PayPal?

Keep your earnings in a bank. When you buy using Paypal, use a credit card for the funding. You have an extra layer of buyer protection.  I never kept a cent in my paypal account.  I always emptied it before I made a purchase and the funds to buy something only came out of a credit card.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Why not PayPal?

@bishops19676 

Ebay and Paypal have since parted ways a few years ago.  Now all payments received go to your bank account.  I personally miss Paypal, but hey this isn't my playground, it's Ebays. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Why not PayPal?

What I miss is paying my Ebay fees with my Discover card. I was getting 2-3% cash back.   I hate that ebay gets their cut before I get to touch my money.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Why not PayPal?

Why is it so hard to have my funds deposited into my PayPal account, instead of into my bank account?

@bishops19676 

It's not only hard... it's impossible. Welcome to the jungle.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply