cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what happens to my account if i chargeback purchase

i am kinda in a tough situation where ebay doesent step in when i didnt recieve product as described 

they just shut down the chat..

i really dont "need" ebay account

seller doesent accept returns i have done all i can i only get refund of 50$ declined

i should of had mail to the higher ups who runs this site

like amazon has but i am not have much choices

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: what happens to my account if i chargeback purchase

ebay cs doesent understand that i am new here i may not know how to return

they dont care just like their scores on trustpilot sums up this company

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Have noted that you're in Sweden, but am assuming that rules are pretty much the same for all eBayers when it comes to a transaction going wrong.

First of all, ALL buyers need to familiarize themselves with the Money Back Guarantee, preferably BEFORE starting to shop here.  It clearly explains the protection offered by eBay if/when there is a problem.

If what you received from your eBay seller is not as described, then you have 30 days to open an item not as described case with eBay.  Go to your Purchase  History and find that particular purchase.

In the drop down menu, select "want to return".  In the next menu, choose "not as described".

Click on that.

Your seller will have 3 days to respond to your claim.  If that doesn't happen, on day #4, you return to the case and ask eBay to step in.  You'll most likely be refunded without being required to return the item.

If you are, however, required to return it, the seller is required to send you a prepaid return label.

How about taking a moment to read the MBG? Hopefully, you won't have to deal with this issue again in the future, but, if you are, doesn't it make sense to prepare yourself by knowing what to do?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Also, it's very important that you understand that a seller's "No Returns" stance makes no difference if/when the buyer  opens a case.   You do "have much choice" and you have no reason or need to "appeal to the higher ups".  

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

There is no need to contact CS.  Just follow directions given by several of us here.

And it's very important that you read the MBG.  

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

i unfortunately didnt recieve return label seller accept return

and aint got the 60 buck to sent back

the card issuer is in scheme try get my money back

i recieved warning on here after i respond to antongize comments because i failed to put return reason right

well i am out the door removed adress

il just create another account and be on my way

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

i have opened up case with return but it didnt go as plan to not pay for return item

i am stuck with it doesent work

and only offered 50 bucks in refund

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

i am on drugs or pain meds most of time so i make mistakes often

well i cant change whats done results will be estimated done with card issuer in march 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

If you opened up a case a seller in the US can not send an actual return label to you if you reside in another country. The seller has to send you the money to pay for you to ship the item back. Perhaps the $50 offered by the seller was for shipping in which case you needed to buy your own label and return within the time given to you. Once the item was returned you would have then received a refund.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I failed to put return reason right.

If the seller doesn't  accept returns and you chose a remorse reason then eBay will not force the seller to accept the return. The case will close with no refund.

I am sorry your meds or pain clouded your mind when you were choosing the reason for the return because you only get one bite of the apple on eBay.

I am sure your credit card chargeback will be successful because the credit card company wants to keep you as their customer. Never mind it costs the seller a $20 chargeback fee. 

Once in awhile we hear of buyers being told they are no longer eligible for MBG for abusing the returns policy. It is abuse if you claim you no longer want it and then later say it isn't as described.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Reach out to the seller once more, explaining the issues with the received product. Politely request a resolution, whether it's a return, replacement, or a partial refund.
Review eBay's buyer protection policies to ensure you're aware of your rights as a buyer. If the item significantly differs from the seller's description, you may be eligible for a refund.
If direct communication with the seller doesn't resolve the issue, consider opening a case with eBay's Resolution Center. This can be done by going to your Purchase History, finding the specific transaction, and selecting "Report a Problem."
If you paid through PayPal, check their resolution center as well. You may be able to open a dispute and seek assistance in getting a refund.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply