cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

periodic performance review with funds on hold

Hi there. Can anyone shed some light on what is a periodic performance review on eBay? 

Last Sunday I received a email to say my account is under a periodic performance review and my funds are on hold tho I can carry on selling. Spoke to ebay online to be told this will be 5 days tho if I upload tracking details they may be sooner. Today is the 5th day and my account is still under review and my funds on hold. Called ebay this afternoon to be told it may be today and if that's the case My funds be released tomorrow.

Anyone else had this happen to them? All my orders I've sent this week I still had to pay for the postage and packing of them and also rent and bills to cover my business. This week's profits ebay are holding so be going into next week without any money to buy stock. Very worrying from my point of view.

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

They didn't ask you for any information during this "performance review"?

Have you looked at the Seller Hub, hover over the Payment Tab, from the drop down menu select Summary.  What does this page tell you?

If your Payout didn't happen today, then the soonest it could be is Monday.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 41
latest reply

So to add to this, they put my account on review on the 7th November for 5 days which ended on a Friday night. So no payments until the Monday 15th November. Tonight the 14th November ebay email to say they putting my account on review again for 5 days again. My last payment was the 6th of November. With this 2nd review it means I would of gone over 2 weeks without being paid. I feel sick! My business won't cover a 2nd week of postage and bills. Feel like ending it all

Message 3 of 41
latest reply

I don't understand either.  @bmpartswm if you have time, would you please consider answering my question in post #2

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

They didn't ask you for any information during this "performance review"?

- nope no info from me. When I ask they said it be 5 days for the review 

Have you looked at the Seller Hub, hover over the Payment Tab, from the drop down menu select Summary.  What does this page tell you?

- all my funds are on hold until the review is completed 

If your Payout didn't happen today, then the soonest it could be is Monday.

- it now won't happen until the 2nd review is completed 

When I spoke to ebay they said it rare for this to happen. This is a lie because its happen twice with In 7 days to me. They also said the review is for 5 days but its actually 6 days, again ebay lies. I see no one from ebay have commented on this post too.

Message 5 of 41
latest reply

I see no one from ebay have commented on this post too.

@bmpartswm 

^^^ I can address this. No one from eBay is here... just buyers and sellers like you. Sorry you got whacked. 😖

Message 6 of 41
latest reply

This is a horrible situation and I simply don't know why you would be hit with back to back payment holds for reviews.  Sorry.  You really need to contact Ebay to find out.  Just keep calling until you get someone that understands the issue and can help you.

payments_team@ebay 

Message 7 of 41
latest reply

It's been a nightmare week. Now got a 2nd week of it. I've put my shop in holiday mode until I get the funds has it will get to a point where I won't have funds to cover postage and bills this week coming. Ebay currently holding over 3k of my funds now

Message 8 of 41
latest reply

@bmpartswm wrote:

It's been a nightmare week. Now got a 2nd week of it. I've put my shop in holiday mode until I get the funds has it will get to a point where I won't have funds to cover postage and bills this week coming. Ebay currently holding over 3k of my funds now

If Ebay is holding that much money from you, you have plenty of money for shipping.  You have a choice on your label each time you create one in Ebay.

MP Funding a Label.JPG

Message 9 of 41
latest reply

I use a 3rd party for my shipping has its cheaper then using ebay ones so that's not a option. We also send items over 30kg and pallets, something ebays postage don't support 

Message 10 of 41
latest reply

I understand.  That certainly puts you in even a tougher position.  I sincerely wish I knew how to help you!!

Message 11 of 41
latest reply

Worried sick about it. I can't move forward with my business until this is fixed.  This is my main income so its very scary for me

Message 12 of 41
latest reply

I can only imagine how I'd feel.  I've reached out to a couple people that I'm hoping will come and help you.  I don't know if they will, but my fingers are crossed for you and I'm sending my prayers too.

Please keep us informed. 

Message 13 of 41
latest reply

I do hope someone does help 🙏 

Message 14 of 41
latest reply

@bmpartswm wrote:

I do hope someone does help 🙏 

did you ever get your money yet? i am on a periodic performance review as well