cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

listed and sold item under wrong category..(MOTORS )now I can't send an invoice...help

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

listed and sold item under wrong category..(MOTORS )now I can't send an invoice...help

@delmax 

Your buyer can still pay for this item, there's no need to cancel the transaction or relist.

The buyer can click on Pay Now from the listing page, or from their Purchase History page. That will take them to the Checkout page, and they can complete payment from there, as usual. There's no need to send an invoice. They can pay for it now.

Your auction that sold yesterday was listed in eBay Motors >  Automotive Tools & Supplies, so apparently the inability to send an invoice applies to all of eBay Motors, not just to vehicle listings. That's odd.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Why?  If it is sold but not yet paid for, you should be able to send an invoice no matter what category it was listing in.  Are you sure you are looking in the right place?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

eBay automatically sends an invoice. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

When I try it says I cannot r anything listed in ebay motors cannot be invoiced   That has to be taken care of before listing.listing...it has a different set of rules

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Ebay motors is different...this is new to me also....I have searched for answer but still the same.  "Anything listed in ebay motors cannot be invoiced."....I am hoping the buyer will find a way to pay me...Maybe through Paypal?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I know they do but it says "sold...send an invoice" but then I can't do it.   Hopefully when they are notified by ebay that will be good enough.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Absolutely sure...

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@delmax 

Was the item you sold listing in the VEHICLE category?  If so, it does not appear you can send an invoice in that category.  You may want to email your buyer let them know you need to cancel their purchase and then you can relist it as a buy it now item they can purchase from.  As soon as you create the listing, email your buyer a link to the listing.  

Make sure   you do this at a time that your buyer is available to jump in and purchase the new listing, otherwise someone else may purchase it.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@delmax 

Your buyer can still pay for this item, there's no need to cancel the transaction or relist.

The buyer can click on Pay Now from the listing page, or from their Purchase History page. That will take them to the Checkout page, and they can complete payment from there, as usual. There's no need to send an invoice. They can pay for it now.

Your auction that sold yesterday was listed in eBay Motors >  Automotive Tools & Supplies, so apparently the inability to send an invoice applies to all of eBay Motors, not just to vehicle listings. That's odd.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Thanks that is what he did after Itold him I could not send an invoice...all okay now...first time for everything  I guess..

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Thanks....the buyer was still able to pay me although I couldn't send an invoice...thanks

Message 11 of 11
latest reply