cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

holding money hostage

funny how when you buy something them funds are gone from your account instantly. when somebody pays for an item you are selling its what 4 or 5 days until you get your funds………so they can make sure the buyer is all warm inside about their purchase, UNLESS you pay more fees and then you can get your funds in as little as a half hour.  greedy man.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: holding money hostage

The policy on receiving payment is readily available for reading. It is not a hidden policy. 

Getting paid overview | eBay

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Funds are usually available for payout in 2-3 days. Receiving your available funds has everything to do with how your bank handles ACH deposits.

Some banks clear ACH deposits the same day if sent before a certain time, my bank clears my payouts by noon Monday-Friday.

If funds are paid out on Saturday usually you should see the deposit on Monday. But since today is a federal holiday payouts won’t be deposited til Tuesday. If you still have questions ask your bank tomorrow when they open. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@skilledtrader00752 

You have a steady selling history. You should be able to set your payouts to daily if you desire.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Just because the policies are readily available, doesn't make them any better. Still a load of rubbish.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I'm sure their policy regarding payout timeline has nothing to do with buyer satisfaction.  eBay is a business and if you look at everything that a business does as a possible revenue stream, then things start to make more sense.  

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

When your funds are available it takes 2-3 days to clear your checking account or you can get them in a half hr like you say. Keyword is when they're available. They are never available  a  half hour after the buyer pays.  

eBay isn't being greedy to offer a way for faster payouts.  It's another action they have to perform other than the natural payout flow. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply