cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

funds held for proof of ownership

I made 10 solid sales and they’ve all been delivered. Now my items totaling 1400 are gone forever and i can’t get MY MONEY because I can’t prove ownership? I’m a hustler and a dumpster diver. Listings are accurate and items are still MINE on account of I SOLD THEM THROUGH YOUR APP TO SOMEONE ELSE. Pleaaaaaase help me get my money before Christmas. 😕 

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Well, we empathize. I don't know how you'd prove ownership on all those great electronic dumpster dive finds, either. Then there's the feedback problem (a couple that address inaccuracy), but that's a subject for another thread.

If you can't prove ownership, your funds will eventually make it to your state's Unclaimed Property Dept.... but that won't happen before Christmas, 2023. Check their public notices and hang in there.

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

I’ll grant you I had some unsatisfied customers, but I also had some with positive feedback what about those?

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

There’s moderation happening where it isn’t necessary especially with a positive review on a delivered item. Not to mention I don’t even know how to make an appeal with a real person that has any authority. This is very discouraging, especially being an ambitious eBay seller who has been successful and wants to continue selling with eBay (with lots of brand new products & NONE of which are UNTESTED or listed INACCURATELY 

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

I know that there is a niche out there that wants broken products regardless so they can fix them and flip them themselves. Am I in a hot seat for keeping things out of a landfill?

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

The positive feedbacks have kept you at 80%... yes, they're good to have.

Here's the policy for appealing a decision from eBay. >> Appeal the outcome of a case as a seller | eBay
I don't know what kind of claims you've had, so I can't say as to whether you have an appeal to deal with or not.

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

@kitten-queen wrote:

I’ll grant you I had some unsatisfied customers, but I also had some with positive feedback what about those?

The 'unsatisfied' tells a story that is 1000 times more powerful than 'positive' ones. 

Especially when you only have a few feedback in the first place.

Why was it 'described' wrong?

Why did you tell the buyer you were going to do something and then NOT do it?

That buyer probably reported you.

Are you saying you found 3 phones and 4 laptops in the trash? 

Couple all that with the fact that 'smash and grabs' are happening, even used pawn shops etc. so with you selling 'beyond cleaning out the closet' multiples of old used electronics puts you on a radar of 'proof of ownership'. 

There is nobody you can talk to that has any pull or can 'reverse' any of this. If you can't provide receipts, which sounds like you can't, do as @mtgraves7984 stated: next year, look at your 'state' for the $$. 

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

How is a full refund, not reconciliation? For items which I have not received by the way

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

the issue with my customers and my listings was an oversight that I negligently overlooked, admittedly. these customers received full compensation. I am still owed. What about that? Help me please

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

I could send you pictures that would blow your mind. I have two pawnshops signed consent for their overstock and damaged items. I have a long list of contacts that negotiates with me and trade for merchandise and other things that are on that list I have customers that are signed into consignment with me that can’t get paid because of this.

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Like should I send him a photo of a picture of me writing a message to them in my response because they won’t even look at it without a photo

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

it’s my responsibility because I can’t prove ownership of someone else’s consigned items? Or something that I found a dumpster tested/working/delivered with positive feedback? And they need to keep me from my money? Selling, would make more sense than a payout band

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

I have two pawnshops signed consent for their overstock and damaged items.

@kitten-queen 

Have you tried to upload the signed consent? That may qualify as proof (of ownership) to sell your items.

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

@kitten-queen wrote:

I’m a hustler and a dumpster diver. Listings are accurate 

@kitten-queen 

My post doesn't address your issue with proving ownership but IMO, it's still constructive if you want to continue selling on ebay. 

There's no shame in dumpster diving, thrifting, yard saling or even buying ebay to flip and make a profit.

But with respect, you really need to educate yourself on the items you're selling. You need to know what you're selling and make sure your specs and descriptions are accurate. 

You're lucky that one of the buyers who mentioned inaccuracies in the listing left positive feedback but the other was clearly unhappy and your feedback score suffered for it. 

As for contacting ebay, don't use Google to find phone numbers. Those will lead you to scammers who will steal your information and compromise your account. 

Instead, go to the upper left on your ebay page and go through the Help & Contact link. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

do you think a message or a picture would constitute as proof of ownership?

Message 15 of 34
latest reply