cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay zero doall eBay zero doaller aSan Jose CAUS

Checking my bank account I came across this entry: eBay zero doall eBay zero doaller aSan Jose CAUS.  This debited my account balance to zero dollars.  Anybody know what this is?

I have no pending purchases, but I did make an offer yesterday for much less than the amount they are trying to debit.  I have since retracted that best offer due to this hinkyness.  No messages explaining this from ebay or paypal.   This is one of the reasons I am beginning to hate ebay and now I am going to have to yank the items I'm selling and clear everything out - probably need to close my ebay account permanently - so tired of these nasty surprises.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: eBay zero doall eBay zero doaller aSan Jose CAUS

I never seen that. 
I'm guessing you clicked on a malicious link disguised as eBay to pay for something.

You should contact your bank to stop payment or open a payment dispute. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

What is a doall and a doaller?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@private5230 

I agree that it is a 'hinky' debit and I've sure never read of one. I'd call my card provider and stop it. Good luck.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for replies - I will update that I called my bank and they told me Ebay does this to ensure funds availability when buyers make a best offer.  I know they made this change some time ago to make sure payment is made for best offers and this may be buried in the policies somewhere but it would be nice if ebay would notify users when they do this.   Why they checked for an amount twice as large as my offer amount seems strange though and put the pending balance to $0.00 on my bank account.   Anyway - I learned my lesson - no more best offers will be coming from me.  I don't like when entities like ebay can dip into my bank account for whatever reasons they deem necessary - in this case to check out how much money I have there.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

A temporary hold is put on your funds when you make an offer. If the offer isn't  accepted  the hold goes away. If it's accepted the hold goes away and the funds are removed. You are never charged twice. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

my bank account says zero dollars pending twice. i have just restarted my ebay account after a few years so i figured it was some kind of pre-authorization to test legitimacy of bank account. i had not tried to buy anything off ebay. i was just registering my account.

5/21/2024
DIRECTDEBIT
PURCHASE AUTHORIZATION
EBAY ZERO DOALLER AUTH

$0.00
Pending

should i call my bank and ebay? i'm assuming it should fall off in a couple days.

any advice?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply