cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is playing a fraudulent game

The first hold made sense a little even though they wait for items to be delivered for some reason instead of asking for proof of identity, purchase, bank statement. They asked for nothing and just said it’s a review of my accounts then removed hold 2 days later I’m supposed to be paid for another item sold and delivered for 600$ this time it’s a account review and they want 4 different types of verification. If this ain’t withholding money for no reason I don’t know what is they legit waited for items to be delivered then outta nowhere put my account under review the 2nd time saying complete lies. I have every transcript of what they said and I asked multiple times and the associates said after the first hold you should be good for a while but that was a lie. They continue to lie and fraud I will get my money and will never sell on eBay again plus if I ever get access to a big platform of followers I’m shietin on eBay and any eBay does because this ain’t right it’s one thing to put a hold before selling or shipping but after it’s delivered is crazy so even if I get declined I’m calling the cops to these people houses for theft of my products along with eBay for stealing my products and money. There should be no reason anything is on hold as the transcripts I have tell a completely different story compared to what eBay is telling me

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You have only one feedback for selling, therefore all your payments will be held until you are no longer an infrequent seller, if you sell an expensive item, or you sell in a different category you don't normally sell in.

It is not fraud on eBay's part. Payment holds are explained in the Payments Hold Policy. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I am going to assume you didnt read about selling OR any of the information like "intro into payments" "Payment Holds" Or the MBG for buyers.

It is all in writing. 

Call in CS is known to tell the call what they want to hear.

Good luck with the police. 

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

You have only one feedback for selling, therefore all your payments will be held until you are no longer an infrequent seller, if you sell an expensive item, or you sell in a different category you don't normally sell in.

It is not fraud on eBay's part. Payment holds are explained in the Payments Hold Policy. 

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Did you miss the part where this is eBay's site and they can do pretty much anything they want?

This isn't illegal or fraud.  It's pretty much SOP for new or infrequent sellers and is described in several places for your reading pleasure?

You are calling the cops for these people's houses for the theft of your products? Can you like arrange to have a video of that?  

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

A superficial look at the public information on your account does not indicate you are trustworthy, even if you are.

Ebay is treating you as a seller who has not earned being trusted, and is not committing fraud. Your agreement with them permits it to do what it is doing.

If you think otherwise, the next step is to contact a lawyer and bring the Ebay agreement with you.

Internet fraud is at higher levels than ever, stolen goods, counterfeit goods, and unfulfilled orders are among the types.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

"... instead of asking for proof of identity, purchase, bank statement."

@fearle64 

Oh, my. Do you mean that you were selling before you signed up for Managed Payments?

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

What you people are saying makes no sense when eBay is telling me the complete opposite of what your saying.

eBay associate said exact words
Angelo, you are a really established seller in our platform with a really good seller history. Generally, the restriction is a verification process and is being conducted for all the sellers across the site.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

No when I’m being told different things by different associates from eBay chat who cares what is written anywhere 

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Your partially right

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

I’d like to see what you would do if someone took your things and you never got paid.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Wrong as eBay completely disagrees with you I’ll send the transcript if you want it

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

No this is my first time starting to sell on they said 

Angelo, you are a really established seller in our platform with a really good seller history. Generally, the restriction is a verification process and is being conducted for all the sellers across the site.
I have this exact message in transcript 

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@fearle64  -   You are a new seller. You have no history.

There is not a verification across the site for ALL sellers.

Had you read the information for all sellers you would have wasted less time with CS.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@fearle64  I can tell you are the type who argues with everyone even when they are correct.

What you are being told is not correct.

What is in writing IS correct.

YOU should care what is in writing. You are new to this AND your payments are being held because of this. IF you had read the information you would have known that a 30 days hold could happen.

Good luck!!

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

@fearle64 wrote:

No this is my first time starting to sell on they said 

I have this exact message in transcript 

@fearle64 

^^^ This is okay. It's a standard practice for loads of new/returning sellers. It'll only feel like an eternity...

Message 15 of 23
latest reply