cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeat buyers files payment dispute. Ebay has my back. I'm still confused

Your buyer filed a payment dispute for an order placed on ****** This means that they disputed a charge directly with their payment institution. They are requesting ***** back and the reason for this dispute is that the buyer did not recognize the transaction.

The good news is that you’re protected for this dispute under eBay seller protection policy. We'll close this dispute once we receive the dispute outcome from the buyer’s payment institution. You're not required to take any action right now. If the buyer updates the dispute, we will let you know if any further action is required.

To look into this further, you can go to the payment dispute details page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am about to mail out another book to this person.   I don't think this has ever happened before and I am still not sure what is going on. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

minor edit:  repeat buyer, not buyers, just one person.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Some but not all banks, when a cardholder says they do not recognize a charge, open a chargeback dispute instead of issuing a retrieval request. When Ebay receives it, they treat it like a stolen credit card. They cover the amount if you have shipped to the address on the order.

You have to lose for Ebay to pay, you have not lost yet. The bank may have forwarded the representation to the buyer.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply