cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay holding my funds

I was not aware that if I am registered in Canada but spend 6 months in the US and sell here, I could not get paid.  I am not able to get US funds released to bank in Canada. Do I just lose all that money they are holding?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

eBay holding my funds

NO you don't lose it.  But I do think you have to have a US bank account attached to your account for the deposit.

tyler@ebay 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

eBay holding my funds

You have two threads open with the same questions.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/Cannot-access-my-funds-in-eBay-com-as-I-am-registered-on-ebay...

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

eBay holding my funds

I changed by Canadian acct. to US dollar account in Canada at the TD bank.  However, eBay still shows my regular RBC not US account as payout and as I have found they will not deposit US funds to that account.  Not sure what else I can do except shut down my store & listings, close account and reregister.  But then my money would be gone.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

eBay holding my funds

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for the tag @mam98031!

Hi @swanns2  - when you register to have your payments managed by eBay you would have been asked to select a payout currency: CAD or USD. Once selected there is no way to change this payout currency other than to open a new account. 

If you choose USD you need to be able to provide a bank that is based in Canada and also allows offers USD. I think RBC has USD support, but if you selected to receive CAD payouts your funds will be converted from USD to CAD and then sent to your bank on file. 

If you are still having trouble with receiving payouts please request a callback from a payments-trained teammate so they can help you, and let us know if you run into any further issues!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

eBay holding my funds

Thanks for taking the time to walk me through this.  I will try talking to a payment teammate at eBay

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

eBay holding my funds

@swanns2 wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to walk me through this.  I will try talking to a payment teammate at eBay

What would that change from what Tyler stated?  It appears you need one account for your US sales and a separate account when you sell in or from Canada.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

eBay holding my funds

We have a US bank account but I can't add it.  On the payments page the only option is a bank in Canada.  I really appreciate the support & will keep trying to get this fixed.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

eBay holding my funds

@swanns2 wrote:

We have a US bank account but I can't add it.  On the payments page the only option is a bank in Canada.  I really appreciate the support & will keep trying to get this fixed.

@swanns2 

Did you happen to read the post from Tyler.  Post #5.  He answered your question.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

eBay holding my funds

Yes I did.  When MP came in I opted to get paid in US dollars not realizing that I had to have a US dollar bank account in Canada or that I would not be able to use my regular RBC account.   We do have a US dollar account at the TD but I hadn't entered it as my payout.  After reading Tyler's post I went to the payments page and tried to add the account and cancel the old one.  No luck.  They would not accept the TD US dollar account.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

eBay holding my funds

@swanns2 wrote:

Yes I did.  When MP came in I opted to get paid in US dollars not realizing that I had to have a US dollar bank account in Canada or that I would not be able to use my regular RBC account.   We do have a US dollar account at the TD but I hadn't entered it as my payout.  After reading Tyler's post I went to the payments page and tried to add the account and cancel the old one.  No luck.  They would not accept the TD US dollar account.

tyler@ebay 

Any other suggestions you might have??

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

eBay holding my funds

@swanns2 wrote:

Hi @swanns2 - I'm sorry that I don't have a lot of solid answers here for you, but I'm not a payments expert. 

However, we do have a Community for eBay Canada that has a lot of people who have had to go through exactly what you're talking about. They can help you determine what banks they've used and any snags they've encountered (and how they've corrected them). 

If you post to a board like this one, members should chime in to help share their advice. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

eBay holding my funds

Just to let you know that my funds were released to my US dollar bank account in Canada.  I found that I had to delete my other account that was in Canadian dollars before they would accept the US$ one at a different Canadian bank.

Again, thanks for your help-.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply