cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Not Paying Out Since New Year

Hi All,

I'm having an issue where I've received payment from buyers on multiple transactions and the funds show up as available (not blocked or processing), but eBay isn't paying them out to my bank. It's odd because I've made sales in the past and received payments to the same account with no issue. I've made several calls to customer service but not having any success in getting paid, which is of course very frustrating. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as who to contact at eBay for a resolution?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 124
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: eBay Not Paying Out Since New Year

Thanks everyone for your contributions. I finally received my cleared payment today and thankfully it looks as though the problem has been resolved for many, if not all of us.

My purpose in starting this thread was to 1) see if others were experiencing the same payout issue, 2) to make sure eBay was aware of the issue and get them to address it. It was helpful to know that I wasn't alone. I just wish eBay had been quicker to fix the problem and that they had been more upfront about the cause, offering status updates along the way and communicating internally so the CSR's could be all on the same page. It also would be nice if eBay considered waiving the fees for these delayed transactions as it was a major inconvenience.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem there's any one solution to get funds released. If you're still having issues, I'd suggest escalating the complaint as far as you can go with a CSR over the phone, at least so they know you're experiencing the issue and can hopefully get the tech/verification team to add you to a ticket. Also note that @westchestervillage had success when they re-entered their banking info.

And of course feel free to keep the thread going if you continue to experience issues.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 102 of 124
latest reply
123 REPLIES 123

Hi @levmiller291 

How long is it taking for the funds to be sent to your account?

It looks like most of your selling was done over a year ago ... which means you are likely being treated like a 'new seller' and going through a kind of probationary period.

Your funds probably will be held until a few days after the buyer receives the items ... OR for 3-4 weeks if the item sells for $1000 or more.

Just continue to ship when eBay tells you that you've been paid and that it's okay to ship.  

Message 2 of 124
latest reply

We usually get daily payouts.  We have since Ebay began processing payments 1.5 yrs ago.  Having a 1 week (so far) delay.  It's odd and our call to Ebay produced no enlightenment!

Message 3 of 124
latest reply

@house*of*paws I've actually made a number of sales in the last few months and only those made after January 1st 2022 are being withheld (and according to the Payments tab they're "Available," not on "Hold" or "Processing"—just somehow stuck in this limbo).

The only possible explanation I can think of is that I received an email from eBay on a new IRS policy requiring sellers who make over $600 on eBay to provide their social security number for tax purposes. I did this immediately and the eBay reps I've spoken to say it should only take a maximum of 72 hours to process that information, which has already passed. My worry is that the tax policy is unduly flagging my account as I originally opened it while living abroad, even though I'm a US citizen and have tried multiple times in the past to fully transfer my account over since moving back, something that's only caused minor problems before this.

Very concerned about this and sorry to hear you're experiencing it too @cheyennetradingco.

Message 4 of 124
latest reply

Have you checked eBay messages ?

It sounds like they may be requiring your full SSN (not just the last 4 digits) so they can comply with IRS regulations for the new 1099k limit in 2022

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 5 of 124
latest reply

Same here. Received "Your payments are on hold...Starting January 1st, the IRS....." red banner on my Payments tab. Made sure my info was up to date (SS#) in my profile page. Called into eBay multiple times, and was told 24-48 hours. It's now day 8. Checked again this morning, same message. Support is non existent. 

Message 6 of 124
latest reply

Social security already entered. That’s not the issue. 

Message 7 of 124
latest reply

Yeah, I also entered my social and still no luck. An eBay rep opened a ticket for me but haven't had any updates as of yet.

Message 8 of 124
latest reply

I am going through exactly the same thing, I updated my full SSN and have had no payments into my bank since. I have spoken with ebay and they say its a glitch and they're working on it. I asked for interest on the money they're holding and asked if they could process the payment to me manually, they wont budge.

Imagine how many peoples payments they have in a bank account somewhere, holding all our money.

They didn't care when I told them this is my livelyhood and I need my money in my bank account.

Message 9 of 124
latest reply

Ugh! Yeah, it's not like we sell things on eBay just for them to collect our money and sit on it for an indefinite period of time. I wish they'd reverse their commission on these transactions, but sure they wouldn't dream of it. Good to know they're at least aware of the situation from other sellers and investigating.

Message 10 of 124
latest reply

@levmiller291 wrote:

Yeah, I also entered my social and still no luck. An eBay rep opened a ticket for me but haven't had any updates as of yet.

This has never happened to me, but do you get a ticket number when this happens ?

If so  velvet@ebay   is the OP allowed to put that number here, so other sellers experiencing this can add to it ?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 11 of 124
latest reply

Same situation is occurring. A rep said that it's an ongoing 'glitch' right now by them that they are aware of? This was 4 days ago. 

Asks to verify SSN, we do it, then it says thanks for verifying for a day or two, then it will ask again in 2-3 days.

Very frustrating.

Message 12 of 124
latest reply

Ebay has had a rule for many years that pertains to New Seller and sellers that have been away from selling for 90+ days. The following is the policy that outlines why you money is likely on hold.

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/payments/payment-holds/

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&&...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 13 of 124
latest reply

We haven't been away for 90 days, we've actually been extremely busy with orders.

It has to do with hitting the 600 sales and for some reason it won't pay out.

We're still able to get payments and use the funds for postage but not get our funds.

Two reps have told me its a glitch on their system more than anything wrong with our account.

They just said to hold on, its been 2 weeks now like this.

We've been on MP for over a year now with no issues before this.

It's rather strange.

Message 14 of 124
latest reply

@westchestervillage wrote:

We haven't been away for 90 days, we've actually been extremely busy with orders.

It has to do with hitting the 600 sales and for some reason it won't pay out.

We're still able to get payments and use the funds for postage but not get our funds.

Two reps have told me its a glitch on their system more than anything wrong with our account.

They just said to hold on, its been 2 weeks now like this.

We've been on MP for over a year now with no issues before this.

It's rather strange.

My response about the policy on holding payments was NOT in response to anything you may have posted.  I was responding to the OP.

I have never heard of a hold on funds simply because you hit 600 sales in some period of time.  That certainly is a new one for me.  Where did you get that information from?

I don't have any idea of why you are in this pickle.  I'd just say you have to continue to contact Ebay for answers.  You might try Social media.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 15 of 124
latest reply