cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your eBay account has been restricted from selling

I sold a Lespaul guitar to a friend in Miami, we used the pickup method, days later my account was permanently suspended and eBay took my money

I gave them the following information

my id
guitar purchase invoice
a water service contract

and they still didn't remove my permanent ban

ebay really stole my money

added to the fact that they do not answer calls in their call center

I need the money and more than anything I need an answer, please help

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Did eBay say what the reason was?  Did you supply all information and paperwork they asked for?

You received an email from eBay  what all does it say?   Don't have enough information to help at this point.

Your not speaking to eBay here. This is users board in the USA.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I see your account is based in Argentina. Are you saying you did a local pickup for the item in Miami, USA?

Not seeing any sold items under this account. Did the buyer file some sort of  return case with eBay?

If you care to, cut and paste the exact communications sent to you by eBay and perhaps someone here can help you sort this out. Leave out any personal information. 

Also more detail on what actually transpired might help.

Posting ID
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Hello! I tell you

Yes, my account resides in Argentina since I currently live here, I also bought the guitar here in Argentina (which I have the legal invoice), in 2020 due to covid I emigrated from the USA to Argentina, and the guitar stayed in the house of my best friend Fernando, who is the one who bought me the guitar

For that reason I don't know what's happening.

I also tell you that 1 month ago I was in a loop, they restored my account and 1 day later they suspended it, they did that to me approximately 5 times, until they finally suspended it permanently as the title says

I don't understand what I did wrong

The buyer is my best friend and what he wants most is for me to have my money.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Not sure why your best friend bought the guitar from you through eBay. Sorry, man. Things don't make a lot of sense.

Perhaps others might be along in the coming days with some ideas for you.

Posting ID
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Yes, it seems confusing but it is because he is in Miami and I am in Argentina. I wanted to know what the sales system was like, since I wanted to have a garage sale of my things that are in his house.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Did you list the guitar as a pick up only item?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

When you are in the US you use a checking account to receive payments. When you moved to Argentina you needed to change your country to Argentina and link a Payoneer account for payouts.

Did you do that?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

yes! of course, i have the payooner acc

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

"We used the pickup method"....was someone paid cash?...or how did one get paid?..."eBay took my money".

Cash or paying on eBay...eBay has to get a fee even if it was cash with pick up.

You have to be the seller where you are selling...you cannot say I am selling for a friend in Miami and you are in Argentina. Now I am so confused.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Why did you use eBay to sell something to your best friend?

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Keep trying to contact eBay support through various channels. You can use their online help system, email support, or social media channels. Persistence might help you connect with a representative.
Clearly outline your situation, providing details about the sale, the item, and the proof of purchase. Include any relevant information that can help eBay understand the legitimacy of the transaction.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

It seems the OP sold the guitar TO a friend in Miami.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

It may be a language difficulty, but when you say that your friend "bought me the guitar", it mans that the friend bought it FOR YOU, not from you.

And your messages get more confusing by the minute.  Maybe you should start all over again and explain EXACTLY what happened, when and where.  

Message 14 of 14
latest reply