cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes, another Managed Payment Post

I received my first "payout" notice however, I do not see an actual deposit in my bank account. What am I missing other than that actual numbers in there? What does payout complete mean then? Is it still "withheld" even though it says completed?  Am I now waiting on my bank to clear it on top of the two days it took ebay??? 

Also, What is everyone doing as far as shipping charges? Like most, I assume, I used Paypal. 

Someone stated they now have these shipping charges taken out of a Cash back credit card which makes sense and then they pay off said shipping charges on that card once they're payout is in the bank. But now I have to do all these **bleep** steps and manipulation of funds from account to account? 

What do you all do?????? Any advice welcomed (related to this lol)

Thanks in advance. Happy Holidays ! ❤️ Ivette G. 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Yes, another Managed Payment Post

@theprissycat 

The mods will be around in a minute to move this to the Managed Payments board ...

In the meantime

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Managed-Payments/How-payouts-work-on-managed-payments/gpm-p/31276187

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Managed Payments takes 3-5 days before money actually goes into your Bank Account.  

When you PRINT LABEL (click on box at bottom of page) to change to Managed Payments or PayPal (your choice). 

But remember money from Buyer goes to your Bank Account (not PayPal).  

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Bank may delay the transfer if it is showing complete: Check with your bank to see if this is going on:

if not:Check your info and make sure the routing number and account are correct;

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@theprissycat   If you got eBay's message saying they sent you a payout then you check with your bank (call them) and ask them exactly how they handle and process 3rd party deposits ... I did all of that on the first payout ... I learned that depending on the time of day the transfers might be accepted and processed and sent to the account on the same day but if they come in later in the day they will get processed the following day.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@theprissycat wrote:

I received my first "payout" notice however, I do not see an actual deposit in my bank account. What am I missing other than that actual numbers in there? What does payout complete mean then? Is it still "withheld" even though it says completed?  Am I now waiting on my bank to clear it on top of the two days it took ebay???  

Basically yes, eBay has sent it out, but it can take one or more days to land in your bank account, depending, it seems, on how big your banking institution is.

@theprissycat wrote:

Also, What is everyone doing as far as shipping charges? Like most, I assume, I used Paypal.  

At the bottom of your Shipping form, you have an option to pay for your Shipping label out of the pending funds currently held by eBay. You don't need to keep a slush fund in PayPal for that purpose.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

the payout shows up the next day in the pending section of your bank account and then should land as useable the next day

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

@theprissycat 

The mods will be around in a minute to move this to the Managed Payments board ...

In the meantime

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Managed-Payments/How-payouts-work-on-managed-payments/gpm-p/31276187

LOL!  It won't be that soon, they are having trouble keeping up with ALL the posts about MP ... they might do better to just rename THIS board "Managed Payments and Such"

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I looked for it and didn't find then kept getting an error message, but thank you for the link! 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

AHHHH yes, I forgot about that Paypal button option, however I would have to now fund that account which makes no sense. 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Ahhhhh okay so shipping funds are taken out of the held funds and not from what is currently in bank account? That's great to know and new information. I do now know of the paypal option for shipping labels, but you are correct I do not want to have to now source that account just for shipping. It just seems like money going back and forth. Just seems like robbing Peter to pay Paul. 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@theprissycat wrote:

Ahhhhh okay so shipping funds are taken out of the held funds and not from what is currently in bank account? 

Yes, once eBay notifies you that they have received clear payment from the buyer, then you can access those funds to pay for the eBay shipping label. You don't have to wait for those funds to be transferred from eBay to your bank first. 

One point to clarify, though: you have to make that funding selection on the Shipping form (somewhere near the bottom). By default, I think it's set to your previous payment method (PayPal). Once you have changed to Pending Funds as your payment choice for labels, it will stay that way.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

So I have received first sale under Managed Payments, but it states "Sold-Awaiting" payment all day now. It was not an auction sale. It was sold by means of "offers to seller". Could this be why? or is it due to the new MP system? Is this normal for MP? 

Clearly I can't ship without that "PAID" word. 

Thanks in advance - Ivette G 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@theprissycat wrote:

Someone stated they now have these shipping charges taken out of a Cash back credit card which makes sense and then they pay off said shipping charges on that card once they're payout is in the bank. But now I have to do all these **bleep** steps and manipulation of funds from account to account? 

What do you all do?????? Any advice welcomed (related to this lol)

Thanks in advance. Happy Holidays ! ❤️ Ivette G. 

@theprissycat... I've been in for over a year, and from my experiences...

Paragraph 1: 'Complete' means that my BOA account will have it the next day. MP has processed it.

Paragraphs 2 and 3: I still use PayPal for my labels through eBay. When you have a zero balance, you can choose a payment method from your PayPal wallet. I happen to have PayPal debit my attached bank account, but you could choose a CC if you'd like. Just set the method (in your PP wallet) as your preferred choice for shopping. And yes, there's always from 'Pending' payments. Whichever method you choose on your label page will become your new default and can be changed at any time.

Paragraph 4: We adapt. 🙄   Good luck to you!

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@theprissycat wrote:

So I have received first sale under Managed Payments, but it states "Sold-Awaiting" payment all day now. It was not an auction sale. It was sold by means of "offers to seller". Could this be why? or is it due to the new MP system? Is this normal for MP? 

Clearly I can't ship without that "PAID" word. 

Thanks in advance - Ivette G 

Your buyer has not paid yet if the transaction is in Orders > Awaiting payment

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 15 of 15
latest reply