cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will i recive my indefinitely held money from eBay?

Over a year ago I had an eBay account that was limited fully and had a good chunk of money being held hostage by eBay and was told by them that I would have to wait for them to report it so I could claim it. Aren't they supposed to report held assets like every year? So where is my money at eBay?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Your money will go to your states unclaimed funds, or property, you need to start checking that.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

It looks like you've been actively selling and getting paid, I'm  assuming, so why would eBay send your payout to your state? If you refused to supply your ssn and a checking account I could understand.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I'm thinking they had an account that was suspended and opened this account and to keep selling, until it gets suspended

Have a great day
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

We'll never know. The No Return to Clarify Club is still going strong. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I'm so sorry for not replying, I forgot I made this posting...

I had an account before I turned 18 and the day I could add my SSN to my account was my birthday on 9/23/22 I'm 19 now for clarification but they restricted the first account then I created a new account, which I'm using now but there's money being held in the restricted account. I can login to the account but it's fully restricted.

It's been over a year now so where is my money?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Haven't restricted this account since I added my bank account and my SSN so they verified this account and I'm receiving payouts. Idk why they can't transfer the money to the new account and verify that is me by doing some sort of verification on the old account and on my new account?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I would gladly do that for the old account if they would understand me better, it's been over a year since they told me to wait for it to go to the state to claim it but I've checked nothing has been put into the website?

I'm not sure when they are supposed to report held money to the state I would think yearly since they have to do social security filing and sign forms.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

The timing for when funds are considered abandoned varies from state to state, so you would have to research this on your state government website.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Contact the Unclaimed Funds  department  through your State Treasurer's office.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply