cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting items using new MP system

A question for those who have already switched to the new system. As it now takes some days to actually see the sales money in your bank account, do you send out the goods before seeing the payment or advise buyers there will be a delay so you get payment first? Is it worth adding a sentence to listings to say goods only sent once payment is in your account? I’ve resisted changing so far!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Pay once the payment is in your MP account. Use the pending balance for shipping. Pretty simple.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You can handle it one of two ways.

1.  When the item in your orders shows it is okay to ship, ship, using your Pending funds as @jda15121 said.

2. Change your handling time in your listings to 3-5 business days to give the money time to reach your bank account. If you don't do this and delay shipping, you'll start earning late shipping defects.

If you go with number 2, don't be surprised if your sales and ratings take a hit. 

@anteater99 

I still ship same or next day, no reason to delay shipping.

As long as the buyer has paid and they say it's ok to ship, go ahead and ship.

I've been using the same system, same processor on another site for a few years now and I've never had a payment not go through.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

do you sell on eBay or another site because I’m wondering the same thing

Message 5 of 5
latest reply