cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To finalize your purchase or choose a different payment method, go to PayPal.

Hi, there. I have been unable to pay on eBay for some time.
Either with my credit card or even my PayPal account. I get error messages like "To finalize your purchase or choose a different payment method, go to PayPal.  " . I have contacted eBay but the error persists. I changed my shipping address because I was using a forwarding address. It worked two or three times but the problem came back. I also used a private browser. This also worked once, but the problem keeps recurring. Need help please

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: To finalize your purchase or choose a different payment method, go to PayPal.

@eburtonlabif you are online, this is something that you might be able to help with... you are so awesome with these weird technical situations.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: To finalize your purchase or choose a different payment method, go to PayPal.

What country is your Primary Shipping Address set to in your account?

https://accountsettings.ebay.com/uas/addresses

Sellers can block payments based on that Primary Shipping Address location -- if the seller does not have a shipping method specified to that location, the payment may not go through. Try using your forwarding address as your Primary Shipping Address. Changing your shipping address at checkout may not be sufficient.

If you were able to check out using a private or incognito browser window, that might indicate the problem has something to do with your browser cache or cookies, or possibly settings or (less likely) add-ons.

If you have alternative payment methods such as a different credit card or a bank balance, try that, with or without going through PayPal, just to rule out a payment problem with your card.

Try a completely new browser you have not used before. Preferably the latest version of a popular browser with default settings and no add-ons installed. If you are using a VPN or a hotspot, that may also cause issues -- try without that, if possible.

If you have or can get the eBay app on your phone, try making a purchase that way.

Also worth trying: making a purchase as a guest, or checking out on ebay.ca instead of ebay.com.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Check the credit card itself. 

Check that the name, numbers, expiration date, and security code are the same, both on eBay and on PayPal.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 4
latest reply