cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The buyer said they don't wanted the items

The buyer contacted me through the eBay message system minutes after he paid stating I chose wrong and that I don't want the spray guns. I told him to request a cancellation through the eBay system. I gave him the link on how to do it. My question is if I cancel the order on my end will I get the fees ($7.06) and the ad fees(4.19) back? I don't want to eat the cost because of him making the wrong purchase.

I believe this is the right answer.

I should wait for the buyer to request cancellation through the eBay system. If you cancel the order on your end, you may still be charged fees by eBay. It is best to follow the proper cancellation process to ensure that both you and the buyer are protected.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: The buyer said they don't wanted the items

You should go ahead and process a cancellation using the reason "buyer requested". The buyer already sent you a cancellation request when they sent the message. Your fees (final value fees and ad fees) will be credited when you process the cancellation.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You should go ahead and process a cancellation using the reason "buyer requested". The buyer already sent you a cancellation request when they sent the message. Your fees (final value fees and ad fees) will be credited when you process the cancellation.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I believe the buyers should have to go through the system and do whatever they need to do just like Amazon

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@gadgetmans_attic wrote:

I believe the buyers should have to go through the system and do whatever they need to do just like Amazon

But this is NOT Amazon, it's eBay.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@gadgetmans_attic wrote:

Buyers can only request a cancellation through the system for 1 hour after the purchase. After 1 hour the only option is for them to send a message to the seller.

What difference does it make if the buyer sends a message during the first hour instead of hitting the cancellation request button? None, really. It's not a big deal.

GLORIOUS!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

On the other hand, I believe the buyer has requested a cancellation and that you can easily go ahead and accommodate the buyer, using "buyer requested" as the reason.

Don't we want buyers to have a positive experience here so that they will possibly consider returning and doing more shopping? 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

the buyer did use the system, just not the one you wanted them to use

you know that the buyer wants out so you should give it to them

making a buyer jump thru hoops to get out is not something you should be doing

I am sorry this is happening and I dont know anything about the PL fees after a cancel

@gadgetmans_attic 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 7 of 7
latest reply