cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to Managed Payments - what to do with payment policy?

I switched to Managed Payments today. All my listings use the same payment policy, which has my PayPal address to accept payments. Now do I have to delete that policy or replace with a new policy?

I also noticed that, now, when I try to view or edit the existing payment policy or try to create a new payment policy, I get this error message:

There was a problem with business policies.

Please try again in a few moments. If that doesn't work, review our help site to learn how to contact Customer Service.
If you want to stop using business policies, you can opt out now.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Switched to Managed Payments - what to do with payment policy?

I see an option of PP, in addition to the MP options, when I look at your listings because buyers can still pay using PP.

eBay changes everything when you register for MP but it adds additional payment methods for buyers, it doesn't take any away.

So I don't believe you need to do anything as long as you've added your bank details to receive payments. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Pika is correct - you do not edit or delete what is there.  We're all offerring the same in Managed Payments with this change.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

When you switch to MP the payment options are taken over automatically so you don't need to have a payment policy on which systems to use. You can have a payment policy in regards to the amount of time for the buyer to pay but you shouldn't be adding your PP address. There are now more options for your buyer to pay you. You would have received a message once you are officially enrolled into MP which would explain all this and suggest you remove references on how to pay in your descriptions, as this is taken care of now. Best of luck to you....

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks. I received an email but none if this was explained in it. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

EBAY no longer uses PAY PAL for their money management.   No money goes into your PayPal account anymore.   With Managed Payments money is deposited into your bank account (5-7 days AFTER customer makes purchase).   EBAY deducts "fees and shipping costs" (balance is deposited into your account).  EBAY holds "shipping money" so when you print label there will be money available.   When you print label (go to bottom of page) and click "use pending funds". 

Of course, customers can still use PayPal and many other credit card to make their purchases.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

As others noted buyers can still pay with PayPal but the funds do not flow directly into your PayPal account anymore they are managed by eBay. Buyers also have other options for payment under MP some good some maybe not so good. Buyers can now use the following payment options. The first three are not new since you could always use PayPal and the PayPal accounts were usually backed up by one or more credit or debit cards. 

PayPal

PayPal Credit

Credit or Debit Card

Apple Pay

Google Pay

For local pickup listings pickup must offer one of the approved electronic payment methods. For select categories buyers may also have the option of payment through 

Escrow

Bank-to-bank transfers (also known as bank wire transfers and bank cash transfers)

Checks

Money orders

Online payment services (for example, Escrow.com, Allpay.net, CertaPay, Fiserv, Nochex.com, XOOM)

Personally there is no way I want anything to do with these category options, two of which are a step backwards (checks, money orders) and there are already enough issues with buyer scams, chargebacks, etc. I simply do not want any additional headaches. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply