cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers Periodic Performance Review - P'd Off !!

I recently sold something on eBay, I am not a regular seller - I have been going through some of my husbands personal things and I put something on eBay for $800 as I need to get $$$ up to pay for my husbands service and finish the installments I have with them as I just can't do it otherwise.  Anyway, it was purchased as a "buy it now" and then the buyer wanted to return it and stated that they should have read the description but didn't and now they have no use for it.  I refused and so had to wait until eBay stepped in and it was found in my favor then without any information to me at all eBay held the funds stating that it was due to a "Periodic Performance Review"  does anyone have any experience with this stuff please ?  I have so much trouble dealing with the kids and their grief that it's just something else I don't need so I need a brains trust of experience please.   I have read that some people have had their monies held by eBay for over 2 months regardless oh their own policy rules and that eBay actually holds a sellers funds in an interest bearing account which would not only explain a lot of the delays I have read about but also that would be equal to money laundering wouldn't it ?  I don't know I just know I need to know.  Sorry

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Sellers Periodic Performance Review - P'd Off !!

@brgl_87 

I'm truly sorry for your loss. EBay will hold back funds if your a new seller or if you haven't sold anything in a long time ( you will be treated as new).

As far as that buyer goes, you stated you won this case? Don't spend those incoming funds yet. If he wants his money back, he'll find a way thru his payment source like a chargeback.

There is no money laundering schemes going on here and I don't know of any " holding funds because of a review".

Selling on ebay takes a lot of time and energy and focus, I know you have to raise cash right now but is this the way to go right now? Please take care of yourself and your family.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

edwardkoch1978
Thrill-Seeker

Did you already receive the payout to your bank, or is eBay holding that payout? If you already received the money in your bank account, spend the money as you need. It's your money, not eBays. If you're concerned about eBay pulling the ol' switcharoo after they have already sided with you, you should remove your bank account from eBay (you may have to contact your bank about blocking any charges from eBay). And yes eBay does hold funds in order to make money from those funds. Don't think that counts as money laundering but it certainly is poor ethics if not outright illegal. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Hi, No - eBay still has the funds - I have received nothing at all.  When I spoke to an agent via the chat he said that the funds "will" be available to be processed to my account on the 22 of Sept however I have read that others also receive that type of response and don't get it then either - it just tends to sit in the eBay cyber world ...... 

The thing that also bothers me is as eBay found the dispute in my favor I expect that the purchaser will raise something with their bank in order to receive their funds that way again leaving me with nothing.  I don't know how constant sellers survive I really don't.  

Thank you for your response 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Thank you.  

You are right !! eBay is sooo not the right place for someone who doesn't have a business but needs to make ends meet.  

I won't be selling on eBay again that's for sure !!

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Sorry for your loss and all you have to deal with in general and now this idiot platform called eBay.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@brgl_87 wrote:

Hi, No - eBay still has the funds - I have received nothing at all.  When I spoke to an agent via the chat he said that the funds "will" be available to be processed to my account on the 22 of Sept however I have read that others also receive that type of response and don't get it then either - it just tends to sit in the eBay cyber world ...... 

The thing that also bothers me is as eBay found the dispute in my favor I expect that the purchaser will raise something with their bank in order to receive their funds that way again leaving me with nothing.  I don't know how constant sellers survive I really don't.  

Thank you for your response 

It is likely the 21 day hold that most new sellers or returning sellers after 90+ days away experience.  Ebay has had these rules for years.  Long before MP.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/funds-availability.html

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/pending-payments?id=415...

I'm confident that you have read many stories on the threads about Ebay holding money.  However you need to also be aware that there is a variety of reasons as to why that can happen.  So you may or may not have something in common with something else you have read.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@brgl_87 wrote:

Thank you.  

You are right !! eBay is sooo not the right place for someone who doesn't have a business but needs to make ends meet.  

I won't be selling on eBay again that's for sure !!

That isn't necessarily true.  The rules for new sellers and returning sellers where founded in very good reasons.  The security of the site is very important and it is bigger than the needs of any one seller.  There rules prevent sellers from coming here, selling a bunch of stuff, getting the money and then disappearing without shipping a thing to any of the buyers.

It is also the sellers responsibility to learn the rules before starting to sell.  

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Can anyone tell me how long this process is supposed to take please ? 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

There really wont be a specific timeframe with something like this. You're in a tough spot for sure as eBay does not care about your situation. They only care about protecting themselves which is understandable to a certain point. The best advice I can give you is to be a squeaky wheel. Contact them daily if you have to. Be sure to ask for a reference number for each phonecall and document everything. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

No no no eBay is complete **bleep** and needs to let a competent company control their finances

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@mcgready_automotive wrote:

No no no eBay is complete **bleep** and needs to let a competent company control their finances

It is understandable that as a new seller yourself that you would not like the rules that holds your funds for a period of time.  I respect that.  That doesn't however mean the rule is a bad one.  It simply means you don't like it.  The two are not necessarily the same.

I hope you do very well, good luck!

FYI, the name of your account could give pause to a few potential buyers.  LOL

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply