cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller's protection denied under managed payments

Never had issue with seller's protection before but today I was denied a claim for seller's protection under managed payments because they stated that the item was delivered beyond the expected delivery date. I tried to explained that the reason for this is because the buyer did not provide the correct address (missing apt #) so the package was returned back to me. Buyer sent me an message and wanted me to resend the package again with the apt #, so the item got delivered and I even received a positive feedback from them but a chargeback was filed about a month later. The eBay told me that the item is covered under seller's protection but I have to wait until a verdict on the dispute since it was filed thru their financial institute and the funds will also be held. Today I finally got a message saying the the case was in buyer's favor and funds was issued back to the buyer. I called eBay immediately hoping that they will cover my with seller's protection but instead they denied stating that the delivered item was past the expected delivery date and the only thing they can do is help me file an appeal even after I told them that the first shipment was on time but it was missing an apt # and the package was returned back to me. I never had any issues with paypal's seller's protection, they would instantly release funds if the item was delivered with tracking and never had to deal with any appeals. 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Seller's protection denied under managed payments

?????

Did you mean to direct this post to me? It doesn't seem to make sense as a response to what I posted . . .

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Printed a new label and now they are telling me that because the delivery date on the second label is past the expected date, I am not eligible for sellers protection.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

I was thinking it was an honest mistake since the original address did not include an apt # and it was returned to me.  I did create another label for it thus creating the problem of not delivering the item on time. I am sure the buyer knew what he was doing. He waited a month after he received the item to file a claim. If he didn't receive the item the second time, he would of sent me a message.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Seller Protection is a thing of the past!  EBAY believes customers is ALWAYS right (even if you have proof to back you up).   Everyday I hear more nightmare stories about EBAY "giving away" SELLERS money.   

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Yup I get those a lot but this time the guy left out an apartment # and I thought it was an honest mistake so I just reshipped the item back to him. Guess you can't trust anyone these days.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

Someone at ebay did not use common sense, that is what this boils down to. No matter the technical details, ebay did not use common sense, much less use critical thinking in this case. Being that there is obvious shipping documentation of exactly what happened, you should be protected - if ebay ignores the shipping information, then what good is that information? This is a perfect example of you, the seller, providing excellent customer service (trying to get the item to buyer asap) but you get burned for doing so.  Yes, you could have kept the item, refunded, told buyer to start all over again, but even if that would've went smoothly, you would've likely got a bad review from the buyer in the end for not using common sense yourself and making sure the buyer did not have to wait any longer than they already did. If the buyer would pull this scam by using a technicality against you, then they would definitely leave you a bad review if you would've done the "right" thing and made them go through the entire buying process again. When big companies say they want customers to be happy, that has nothing to do with true customer service, but everything to do with dotting i's and crossing t's, and nothing at all to do with the customer being satisfied, in the company's eyes, if they did everything "by the book" then that means "good customer service", which has nothing to do with reality.

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

That message ALONE should be all ebay needs to know that you should be protected. This is a situation where they don't care what happened, all they care about is blindly following "rules", which is a major problem in our society these days.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply