cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller refunded for missing pkg which later arrived. How do I pay for it now that he already refund?

I tried to send a message through eBay messaging asking how to pay for an item that the seller had already refunded because it sat in some post office for WEEKS. Then voila! It finally started tracking! Anyway, my message  got slapped down by eBay because I asked if I could send him a check, or a money order, or if he could send me a Paypal money request. Apparently eBay thought we were negotiating an "off eBay transaction" and all kinds of red-text warnings popped up. I hope I didn't get that seller in trouble! I want to do the right thing by him, but eBay thinks I am trying to do something dishonest. *sigh*

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Seller refunded for missing pkg which later arrived. How do I pay for it now that he already refund?

Contact the seller who will be shocked.  Ask if they will send you an invoice in PayPal.  You can log in and pay it.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Just send the seller a note saying the package arrived and you want to figure out how to make them whole and refund the refund. I am sure the seller can come up with something to make that happen. Maybe through PayPal? Did you keep the box with the label? The return address should be on their maybe you can just confirm with the seller that address without raising red flags.

eBay should be praising you and helping you for doing the right thing here. many sellers are refunding for items that didn't yet arrive but we know will and they will not receive their funds or item back. 

You are the kind of customer every seller hopes to have 🙂

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

We actually did contact the seller. And tried to respond to his suggestion about buying another item from him to pay for the first item, which didn't sound like very good advice. And his English is not the best, so not sure if that's what he was trying to advise anyway. That response to him was what got slapped down and he probably never even saw. The package has not actually arrived yet, but when it does we will look for a return address and just mail a check or money order. Wish eBay wouldn't stick their unhelpful nose into everything when people are trying to do the right thing.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@glasser wrote:

Just send the seller a note saying the package arrived and you want to figure out how to make them whole and refund the refund. I am sure the seller can come up with something to make that happen. Maybe through PayPal? Did you keep the box with the label? The return address should be on their maybe you can just confirm with the seller that address without raising red flags.

eBay should be praising you and helping you for doing the right thing here. many sellers are refunding for items that didn't yet arrive but we know will and they will not receive their funds or item back. 

You are the kind of customer every seller hopes to have 🙂

They SHOULD be praising the buyer, but they don't care. If they did, they would allow the seller to send another invoice after the package is marked received so they could actually repay without getting slapped(maybe if someone reminded ebay that they would get the FVF's back that they had refunded when the buyer was refunded they would realize that). And both the OP and the seller would have gotten the nastygram from ebay. If the seller has a hard time with the English language, then who knows what goes thru their minds when they receive one of these emails? They might be afraid to send you their info(if they even received your last email to them).

The OP is trying to be a conscientious buyer, but gets blocked at every turn by ebay. How nice(NOT).

Message 5 of 5
latest reply