cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periodic performance review

jackie-gavin
Explorer

What a load of rubbish been on eBay selling and buying for 15 years now I get an email Periodic performance review called eBay tried getting it reviewed they reckon they system will not override it have to wait the 3-5 days for payments to

release 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Periodic performance review

I know this can be stressful and when my turn comes I am confident I won't like it any better than you do.  But it is part of efforts to keep the site secure and safe.  PayPal did these too.  I was a lucky one, I had this happen this happen two or three times with PP, while many other sellers never had it happen once.  

However there is a BIG difference in how MP and PP do this security check.  MP freezes your entire account while they review the security measures they want to review and this process can take 4-5 days.

In PP, they select a SINGLE transaction, hold the funds for that one transaction while they preform their security check which takes 1-2 days.

MP can do better and should do better on this specific subject to be sure.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes it pretty painful let me tell you spoke to customer services many of time a few tried to override it and release funds but the system automatically puts in on then it takes eBay 5 days to review have been on eBay for 14 years first time this has ever happened it’s a painful joke and eBay don’t care the slightest bit 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@jackie-gavin wrote:

Yes it pretty painful let me tell you spoke to customer services many of time a few tried to override it and release funds but the system automatically puts in on then it takes eBay 5 days to review have been on eBay for 14 years first time this has ever happened it’s a painful joke and eBay don’t care the slightest bit 

Dang, your posts are hard to follow since you don't use punctuations.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

did you get your money in the 3 to 5 days

Message 5 of 5
latest reply