cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment dispute?? What's up with this??

Just want to know if any seller has ever ran into this.

I made a sale on 8-22-2020. Item shipped on 8-22-2020. Item was delivered 8-24-2020. Buyer left positive feed back. The Managed Payment pending funds were sent to my bank. All is good-----until today!!

This morning I receive a message from ebay stating: We’re writing to let you know that a payment dispute was filed outside of eBay for an order that was placed by xxxxx on August 22, 2020. This dispute was filed because the buyer had an issue with the transaction payment. The disputed amount is $44.95.

What's ebay going to do? 

Any idea what is going on with this satisfied buyer, 31 days after he placed his order??

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Payment dispute?? What's up with this??

I agree with you - but it sure seems like eBay needs to play catch-up with the way they protect their community.

Message 31 of 39
latest reply

Yes exactly. My recent transactions have been 'Processing' for 5 days

Message 32 of 39
latest reply

That’s certainly depressing. Sigh.

Message 33 of 39
latest reply

I agree with you - but it sure seems like eBay needs to play catch-up with the way they protect their community.

good luck

Message 34 of 39
latest reply

As with most things in this world, it's who you know, it's what you know. its been like that from day one.

Message 35 of 39
latest reply

It is happening to me now. This buyer even purchased from me by offering me a lower price, which I accepted. Seems to be a scam. I hope eBay sees it as such. Sorry I can't help, as I am now stuck in this same situation.

Message 36 of 39
latest reply

@coyotesell wrote:

It is happening to me now. This buyer even purchased from me by offering me a lower price, which I accepted. Seems to be a scam. I hope eBay sees it as such. Sorry I can't help, as I am now stuck in this same situation.

@coyotesell 

Where is the scam?  Did the buyer pay you?  If they haven't, how long ago was the purchase?  You are stuck in what situation?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 37 of 39
latest reply

Ebay is over for me after 23 years. It was a good run but they are completely screwing over honest sellers to cover for scammers at this point.

Message 38 of 39
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread HERE.

Thanks.

Message 39 of 39
latest reply