cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Method

Hi all. I have been wanting to sell some items on Ebay, but they will not accept my bank (Chase). Is google pay an option to receive payments? Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Payment Method

@lesle-1596 

You need a bank account with a routing & account number.   

I use a Walmart Green Dot Card for my payments.  It's a separate account used only for my eBay transactions.  You can order a card on line.  They provide a routing number and a checking number and it is a payment method that Ebay accepts with no problem.

I have had my account for almost 9 years.  There is a monthly fee, but if you deposit more than $500 a month in to the account, it's free.   Here's a link to help should you choose to take my advice.  Good luck to you:

https://www.walmartmoneycard.com/

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Payment Method

No...Google pay will not work for selling...

That's odd though (Chase) I think one of our accounts is with Chase....

are you sure ALL your details in the application match "exactly"?

If Chase has "Michael Smith" as the account name, but ebay has "Mike Smith" as the account holder, it might reject it....same with addresses/streets/zip codes, etc.....

double check your routing numbers...sometimes ACH route number is different than the checking account you may be looking at.

everything needs to be exact

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Payment Method

I use Chase.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Payment Method

Some things that may help with linking or editing your bank account for Managed Payments:

Go to https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin and click on edit your payout method. Click on the "+" Add payment option. Select the bank and click continue. Add the new bank, which will overwrite the old bank information.

Instead of selecting your bank from the pull down menu, scroll all the way to the end and click on "My bank is not on the list" to enter the information manually.

Make sure you are using your bank's preferred ACH routing number for online deposits, as it often is different than the one preceding your account number on your checks.

Make sure your name is exactly the same on your ebay account as it is on your bank account. Change the ebay name if needed, you can change it back later.

Some Credit Union accounts have a problem as does some Bank of America accounts, but usually it is the routing number that is the problem. Call your bank and ask which one to use for ebay.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Payment Method

@rfmtm wrote:

Make sure you are using your bank's preferred ACH routing number for online deposits, as it often is different than the one preceding your account number on your checks.

Make sure your name is exactly the same on your ebay account as it is on your bank account. Change the ebay name if needed, you can change it back later.

@lesle-1596 : I have a selling account with Chase and no problems using it for Managed Payments here. HOWEVER - Chase has multiple routing numbers (depending on which state you are in among other things) so I would start by verifying that you are using the routing number that appears on your checks since that would be in your home state. Making sure that the name on your account exactly matches that which Ebay will use is also important.

https://statrys.com/blog/chase-routing-number

Message 6 of 6
latest reply