cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No payout. No reason. No help throughout eBay.

My payouts have been on hold since April 24. eBay initially asked that I provide bank info for verification. I did this within 24 hours. Got a response that they are verifying. I have been in touch with the “Help” network, eBay for business and this is my 4th post in community. No one has a clue. AND from what I gather, I’m not the only one. 
I have been selling on eBay since 2004. As a side hustle I typically do about $1500 a month in sales. 

Can anyone offer a viable solution?

Not getting my payout is going to destroy what I have loved doing for all these years.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: No payout. No reason. No help throughout eBay.

It's becoming more and more apparent that we need to view all these bogus "holds" on our money as an indication that eBay is lying even about their poor results, and that they are resorting to this garbage as an aide toward resolving cash flow shortages.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

In your opinion, of course. 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Have you looked in MESSAGES under Ebay just incase ebay sent an email and it got blocked as spam.  Ebay messages are never blocked if you look IN ebay.   Next,  new assuming no emails from ebay, does your ID, ebay account and bank account have IDENTICAL NAMES?    You can't be Bill Jones on one  and William Jones on  another?  If there is a difference, you need to make sure all of the names match.

Assuming everything is correct and you have already sent ebay all of the documents, have you contacted Ebay on Facebook?  When you contact them, you do it through MESSENGER within Facebook.  Whatever you write will be completely private.  None of your friends/family will know.  Hopefully they can respond within a day or so and help you.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

All good advice. However, I covered those bases early and often. eBay for business on Facebook will only refer me to the eBay “Help” network.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Update:

May 14 and still nothing. I did however receive an apologetic email asking that I continue to be patient for a few more days.

In the meantime, without my funds I can’t source. Without new items, I can’t list. And we all know what happens if your not listing. DOA

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Not to bother you but you are not alone. my payout restricted twice in a week, once on 04/24 resolved on 04/28 and was able to send payout, then on May 05th restricted again and untill the moment still can not get my payout and believe or not it is 15k. and they what just keep saying is wait and wait.in my case they avised 7 days from the day they esclated the issue which was 05/10 .  and no clear reason but verification which has been already verified but it is what it is..so we are in same boat. Let's hope that nightmare ends soon.. keep updating here is anything new happen.

good luck

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Thanks for the response. I’m certain there are more in similar situation. 

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Just wanted to say that you aren't alone in this. Since April 13th, my payments have been on hold due to a "technical error" I've spoken with over a dozen customer service agents including Ebay for business (They just keep saying they can't help with anything payment related) I was finally connected with someone from Corporate who is working on the issue but it still isn't fixed. 

Have you checked to make sure your SS # is correct in their files? This is what's wrong with my account. After having an account for over 22 years and never having an issue, all of the sudden, 1 number is incorrect in my Social and the only reason I found that out was because I received a W9 in the mail to verify and send back. The form was promptly sent back on April 24th and my funds are still on hold. 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Nothing wrong with my SS#. 
 My guess is that eBay has a critical error in “Managed Payments”and they won’t admit it, being rightfully concerned that there a would be a mass exodus of sellers because why would you want to sell on a platform that keeps your money?

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I have not been paid out in several weeks and have had all my selling limits dropped down to nothing over this reverification nonsense. After 25 years on the platform with all of the same information, Ebay for some unexplainable reason screwed up my business's 1099 this year and sent it to the wrong tax number. When I called them on it they said we needed to resubmit all of our information for "reverification" but had no idea why it had happened. So we did what they asked. Resubmitted everything all with all the same numbers, names, Id and addresses - just as they have been for the past 25 years on here.  Then they also said we needed to reverify the bank account and this is where everything collapsed. This is the same bank account we have been using for over 25 years,  it has been previously verified and was being used for managed payments for years. Now however they say that they just cannot verify it.  Their third party Trustly login no longer works and just keeps saying out account information is invalid, we submitted scans of new bank statements as they requested (we did this with an agent on the phone  who saw the document  in real time and said it was fine) But then they said they don't like the way it looked scanned and want a picture of it. HOWEVER the system has locked us out of being able to submit the document they keep requesting or from doing micropayment for reverification. I have been fighting on the phone with them for weeks getting different stories from different operators but zero resolution. They are holding thousands of dollars of ours, a number which grows every day as our remaining items keep selling but we can't get paid. We can't list any new items because they dropped our limits till the bank account is reverified. I got a call back today from an agent who was checking to see if things had been fixed as she said she would submit a ticket to do a few days ago. When she called I told her no they had not and said I am reading on the forums that many other sellers are having similar problems with the bank reverification. After some pressing I got her to admit that this is a KNOWN eBay problem, but she said they can't figure it out and had no idea how long it might take to fix.  She had no answer as to what I am supposed to do. If you ask me this site is having MAJOR issues and they just don't want to tell everyone.       

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Yesterday a new red banner shows up in my account asking me again for bank statement which i already provided and verified two weeks ago, so i have reached out to a supervisor addressing that concern why asking again for bank statement? But again no clear answer. She asked me if i submitted my ID photos when they first time they asked for it in Apr 24th i told her that there was no way no option to submit more than one item which was bank statmenet i submitted and i have reported that to ebay agent at that time and told her they advised if they needed it they let you know.

So now she is talking about it and saying thay they need your ID to verify it but they are unable to add the banner asking for it and they are having an issue doing this with many accounts which i’m one of them and has no idea when this technical issue will be solved.

we keep going back and forth and she keep apologizing for that delay but again no solution no time frame .

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Update: the restriction has been lift on May 24th and i was able to request payout.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

My account hold was removed May 24.

Exactly one month since the hold was initiated.

Thank you eBay for showing me that I should not rely on the company that I’d been doing business with for almost 20 years. eBay has inspired me to open accounts in multiple platforms and cross list the 700+ items that I have in my eBay store. This way when eBay randomly placed my payouts on hold, I still have other means of selling end getting paid.

#notahappycamper

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I'm happy that your funds were finally released. Mine are still being held. It has now been 1 month and 18 days. The last person I spoke with said that they never received my W9 in the mail so had me email a new one to a "secure email" however it has now been 3 business days and I was told that someone in that department was going to be on the lookout for the email. 

I've also been taking this time to crosspost all my listings and do a major inventory. 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply