cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No payment from buyer

Buyer has made no payment or communication. It's been 3 days. I sent him two reminders. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

No payment from buyer

@fhne2394 

Sellers can cancel a transaction for nonpayment as quickly as 96 hours (4 days) from end of auction.

That time resets each time a seller sends another invoice.

Your buyer is now allowed another 96 hours after you send the last invoice.

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

No payment from buyer

There's no need to send reminders, Ebay does that.

On day 5, cancel the order and use nonpayment as the reason.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

No payment from buyer

I haven't been a regular seller for a few years. I had over 1000 sales, but out of commission for awhile, and so ebay deleted my account 😤 .....Anyway, I have never been dissed by a buyer, but apparently, but apparently, the ethic has seemed to change. It also seems that Ebay favors the buyers more. And they seemed to be prodding me to reach out, i.e. "but you can also contact them directly" (as if I "should"). Thank you for your advisement. I will stop sending my own reminders, from now on. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

No payment from buyer

Ya, buyers are king around here now days.

There has been a lot of nonpayers last couple years.

Best to list as a fixed price with immediate payment required.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

No payment from buyer

In the past they had two days to pay and then you could report if they didn't  pay and eBay would give them four more days to pay, and issue a strike if they didn't  pay.

Now they have four days to pay and then on the fifth day you can report it's unpaid and they automatically get a strike and no additional time to pay.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

No payment from buyer

Don't send reminders.  Cancel, citing "buyer didn't pay" as your reason as soon as you can.

Put that buyer on your blocked bidder list.

Might want to do some refresher reading to make sure you are up to date on  how things work since you've been out of the game for awhile.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply