cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more Paypal payment option?? What the...?

So, I've been out of the selling game for months. It felt getting hit by a ton of bricks the other day when I found out apparently buyers will no longer have the ability to use Paypal as a payment option and that eBay will be the main financial system for payments. Yes, I'm out of the loop since I haven't sold in a long time.

In a nutshell, is this good or bad? Would appreciate fellow sellers' unbiased fb on this b4 I start mad selling again. 

And, what's with the near 5% increase in fees? I guess they are allowed to do this being a private company and it's their own terms, but I'm guessing fewer people will be tempted to sell with 15% of sales going to eBay before taxes. Geesh...

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: No more Paypal payment option?? What the...?

@theofficefan4life 

Buyers can use PP unless there has been a change in the last day.

Sellers no longer get paid via PP.

Payment is through the eBay managed Payments funds processor for those sellers that have been moved into MP

Fees are nearly the same. Slight increase when sales tax is over about 6%.

Sellers in MP no longer pay the PP 2.9%

A read about MP here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/get-paid-managed-payments-seller?id=4814

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@theofficefan4life 

Buyers can use PP unless there has been a change in the last day.

Sellers no longer get paid via PP.

Payment is through the eBay managed Payments funds processor for those sellers that have been moved into MP

Fees are nearly the same. Slight increase when sales tax is over about 6%.

Sellers in MP no longer pay the PP 2.9%

A read about MP here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/get-paid-managed-payments-seller?id=4814

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Buyers can still use PayPal, and ebay is using Adyen now as their main payment processor, Adyen is one of the biggest payment processors in the world.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

do not switch to ebay payment because you will loose us fund money  because they convert to Canadian currency  before sending to you your fund

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@superlouca wrote:

do not switch to ebay payment because you will loose us fund money  because they convert to Canadian currency  before sending to you your fund

If you don't switch when they tell you to switch, you won't be able to sell here.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Yes, not liking it at all but maybe this will give me the incentive to quit trying to make a few bucks selling on eBay.  It was a good deal in the old days but the fees and restrictions implemented over the years makes it much less profitable for me.  I truly believe all this online payment and financial transaction stuff is going to come back and bite us some day and thus, I try to minimize putting my financial info out there as much as I can.  I might consider continuing to sell if they wouldn't require payment goes to a checking account....why can't the payment be sent to a savings account or a sub account of a checking account?  I don't want my eBay sales going to my personal checking account and I certainly don't want to set up another checking account!  Every time I received a payment I would need to transfer the funds to the sub account where I manage my eBay sales.  What's the consensus out there?  Good, Bad, Ugly!?!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@bkerea66  I've used the managed payment system for about 8 months now with no problem. Everything just transfers once a week to my checking account - I don't have to do anything. 

An integrated payment system is used on just about every active marketplace now - eBay is actually late to the game. 

There is a ton of disinformation about it around here and way too much hysteria - get the facts (pinned threads), to make up your mind if it's a good fit for how you want to sell. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

We have been ripped off buy sellers a few times and the disputes all ended up to paypal and got our money back each time. Will this new system Adyen protect the consumer payment security as it did with paypal? We are not paying by credit card, theres no way of getting refund without having to close the entire bank account and create a new one and change all sites payment details. Can Adyen be contacted to handle disputes and authorize refunds like paypal? If Adyen cannot or will not provide the same security features as paypal we will be using Amazon. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I tried buying something today and I no longer saw the Paypal option. Is there some way to get to it?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

PayPal had a site issue for about three hours, but it is back up and appearing as a payment option at eBay checkout once again.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply