cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ebay payout system is painfully slow.

Just getting my first bad taste of eBay's new seller payout system. It's a huge step backwards. With PayPal's recent addition of instant transfers, a person could get their payment from the buyer within minutes of the sale taking place. Now, you make your sale. A day and a half later you get an email from eBay telling you it has finally been sent to your financial institution, then get ready to wait another 1-3 days after that. LAME! And like others, I also preferred keeping my eBay sales separate from my regular bank account in the PayPal account. Of course Ebay tries to tout the benefits of what they offer with this sad new system, but the snails pace outweighs the minimal benefits they're claiming. At least for a smaller seller like myself. eBay please get smart and fix this **bleep**.

Message 1 of 106
latest reply
105 REPLIES 105

Re: New ebay payout system is painfully slow.

We feel ya. I opted into MP during August, 2019. Recently, I've experienced my buyer's payment being my bank deposit in 4 business days. Good luck and welcome aboard.

Message 2 of 106
latest reply

@vegasvic1532 

There is nothing to fix, it's just the way it works.

Pay Pal gave us access to the funds, even before they received them and Ebay doesn't.

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 106
latest reply

For me as well! Today, was the 3rd notification on the same item that funds were sent. I've been waiting since 3/10, my bank says there is nothing pending. My customer has the item and has left feedback. 
I'm not happy with Ebay's new payout system.

Message 4 of 106
latest reply

I WILL CONTINUE TO BUY ON EBAY, BUT I WILL NEVER SELL AGAIN

EBAYS PAYOUT SYSTEM IS BARBARRIC AND LAME. GOOD BY EBAY ;(

Message 5 of 106
latest reply

I seriously can't believe the delay in getting payments to your account. How are we as sellers suppose to be sending out customers products when payments are still processing. It doesn't make sense.

This is ridiculous 

Message 6 of 106
latest reply

I totally agree. I am a small seller who has kept my business account on Paypal separate from my checking account for a reason. This managed payment program is slow, requires a high level of trust in eBay ( which has its own challenges) and doesn't align with making shipping time promises to buyers. I'm not shipping until those funds land in my possession! I hope eBay listens to its lifeblood users.

Message 7 of 106
latest reply

@brittersbits wrote:

I seriously can't believe the delay in getting payments to your account. How are we as sellers suppose to be sending out customers products when payments are still processing. It doesn't make sense.

This is ridiculous 

That's what literally every single B&M store does every single day: they let you walk out of the store with whatever it is you've purchased despite the fact that your payment hasn't finished processing yet.

Message 8 of 106
latest reply

The new system is flat out awful! My customers and are are now looking into alternative methods. It takes over a week for me to actually see my money!  Which in turn, forces me to pay upfront for shipping and hopefully trust that the money will actually be there. Huge step backwards. I closed my other account to explore other sites. Extremely disappointing!

Message 9 of 106
latest reply

Pay Pal gave us access to the funds, even before they received them and Ebay doesn't.

Yet sellers are supposed to give the world access to their merch on blind faith.

Message 10 of 106
latest reply

That's what literally every single B&M store does every single day: they let you walk out of the store with whatever it is you've purchased despite the fact that your payment hasn't finished processing yet.

You're comparing billion dollar companies with cash flow to small sellers on eBay?

You're comparing major credit card companies with years of experience and back up systems to MP?

Message 11 of 106
latest reply

Good grief. People need to get over themselves. Paypal for sellers is gone....at their choice. Ayden (eBay's new processor) is huge and is used by numerous platforms. If as a seller you are not purchasing your postage out of your pending funds, then shame on you. Sellers are always a target for scammers, on any platform. Always have been, always will. If you think because Paypal gave you immediate access to your funds you were safe, you are sorely mistaken. 

Message 12 of 106
latest reply

I couldn't agree more. When ever you take take some thing away from a user and implement a much poorer version the users are rightly upset. PayPal worked seamlessly, it was fast and effective. Now we are stuck with a clunky cumbersome system that saves the average user 5-10p, I would happily pay that extra for ease of use and the customer service, try contacting eBay it is the worse experience I have ever had with customer service.

Message 13 of 106
latest reply

And you done see the problem with this? It's poor social economics for one and the removal of a system that worked incredibly well for a system that is hit and miss at best is laughable. 

Message 14 of 106
latest reply

@dugoldstuff wrote:

Yet sellers are supposed to give the world access to their merch on blind faith.

When you go to a grocery store or gas station and use a debit/credit card, don't they let you leave with the merchandise before they receive the funds?

Have a great day.
Message 15 of 106
latest reply