cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account and payout

I’m sure this is been covered to death, but I recently added my cash app account and card to my eBay account and I desperately need funds that have been put on a 48 hour hold. The agent I spoke to today said that once the request for payment that the buyer had open was closed that payment would be more or less automatic, but I haven’t seen anything And now it’s after hours . is there anything at all I can do to get the funds released, like now? I wouldn’t ask, but I am desperate for the money to be released.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

New account and payout

To be paid, you have to provide a checking account through a bank.

Cash App is not a bank.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

New account and payout

eBay doesn't accept the cash app for seller payouts because it is not a bank. You need a  checking account number and routing number from an actual bank to receive your payouts. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

New account and payout

Your profile shows that you have sold 11 items on eBay in total. I see you have received feedback for two sales, but they were more than a year ago.

If you had not already signed up for managed payments, then your attempt to sign up with a cash app account instead of a checking account may not be accepted. Some sellers have reported being able to use something like a Chime account, but other sellers have not been able to receive payments that way. Even some credit unions and banks are not accepted. As the others have said, you probably need to provide a checking account, with routing and account numbers, from a "traditional" bank for it to be accepted.

In addition to that, you will be considered an "infrequent seller" because it has been so long since you sold. In this situation, sellers are often/usually subject to a hold of up to 30 days (or more) before their payouts will be released.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816#s...

I'm sorry for the bad news, but eBay is not really a good way to get fast cash.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply