cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False charges

Recently had a golf club for sale. 3 day auction and had 2 bids. Before it ended I cancelled the auction because I noticed that the face of the club was cracked and I didn't want to screw anyone. Now eBay is charging me for ending auction. Doesn't feel fair to me at all! How do I fight the charges?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

False charges

You can't fight the charges because it will be a losing battle. eBay has it in their policy for ending auctions early that you will be charged final value fee based on the amount of the highest bid.  Ending a Listing Early

IMG_1427.jpeg

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

False charges

You don't.

If there were bids and you ended the auction, they will charge the the FVF.

You need to cancel the bids before ending the auction.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

False charges

How do I cancel a buyer bid??

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

False charges

Not false charges.....

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/ending-listing?id=4146&st=3&po...

janet9988_0-1711322658402.png

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

False charges

You can't fight the charges because it will be a losing battle. eBay has it in their policy for ending auctions early that you will be charged final value fee based on the amount of the highest bid.  Ending a Listing Early

IMG_1427.jpeg

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

False charges

@golfing37 wrote:

How do I cancel a buyer bid??

That, I don't know, I don't do auctions.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

False charges

Then your info carries no weight if you give advise on something you know nothing about. I had no choice to cancel a bid unless anyone can tell me different. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

False charges

This link will tell you how to cancel a bid. Canceling bids and managing bidders 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

False charges

@golfing37 wrote:

Then your info carries no weight if you give advise on something you know nothing about. I had no choice to cancel a bid unless anyone can tell me different. 

I don't have to know how to cancel a bid, I don't do auctions, so never had to do it.

But I do now they will charge you if you end an auction with bids.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 9
latest reply