cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed payments question

Hi everyone...

I received a message from eBay about updating information with regard to managed payments... I am not sure what it means (currently I am signed up for them to automatically withdraw monies owed them through my Paypal account and thought I could send them my payment and that would solve the problem...); I did google and there seems to be a lot of comments about people not liking it... different way of payment... not through Paypal... and not nice is you do not use it... 

So my question is... is there a way to opt out and be in good graces with eBay? it does not sound like a benefit to me... 

Thank you so much... take care and be safe...smile... Rhonda

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Managed payments question

I don't think you can opt out, Rhonda. If it's any consolation, I haven't had any problems with the Managed Payments Program *knock on wood*.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I am not sure what it means
It means that pretty soon (your email will tell you exactly when) you will be required to receive payments from buyers through eBay's Managed Payments system, and not through PayPal.

With Managed Payments: (a) the buyer pays eBay, (b) eBay deducts their fees, and (c) eBay transfers your net proceeds to a bank account that you must provide to eBay. The transafer can happen daily or once a week.  

There should have been a link in the email they sent that explains all this. 

I did google and there seems to be a lot of comments about people not liking it.

And if you read this board you will also find many people who had no problem switching and even like it. I just switched 4 of my 6 accounts last week. So far, no issues. 

So my question is... is there a way to opt out and be in good graces with eBay? 

No, you cannot opt out. Managed payments is mandatory for selling once you are "invited". 

it does not sound like a benefit to me... 

It is a benefit to eBay. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@vintagetreasure86 

If you want to continue to sell here, you'll have to sign up for Managed Payments.

Pay Pal will no longer be an option for sellers to receive payments.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I opted in over a year ago. It's doable... you can adapt. Good luck to you!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

The "benefit" to me is that eBay still has a way to pay me so that I can continue to make money.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

This is what I did. I am a small seller (had about 204 items for sale listed). Sold an item on Friday , came here and saw the mesage from ebay : Your payout is on hold until you update your account details. I clicked on the link and it says they ned from me 1) to update my identity (by giving them my day of birth and social security numnber) and 2) to add bank account, which says it requires my checking(!) account number and routing number id i want to see the money.

I said no to all of that. Absolutely not to ebay having my very personal info.

Called customer service they told me nothing you can do to opt out. You can still BUY with PayPal they said, but you cannot sell using PayPal.

I turned around and took down all my 204 auctions. Will have to go and check out for myself etsy,amazon,poshmark to see how they do the payouts to sellers over there.

I love PayPal. Never had problems with them for almost 16 years that I am on eBay.

For me personally - it is time to say good-bye to selling on ebay. This and that you cannot leave a negative feedback to a buyer,but a buyer can leave a negative feedback for you? How is this fare and right? What a bunch of ignorant people leading ebay these days.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for all of the comments... I do not like disclosing personal information... so much fraud out there... but think in my niche that I will do best on eBay... so guessing will try it... hopefully it goes smoothly...smile...

Take care everyone... Happy Holidays...smile... Rhonda

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I will need to open separate account though... 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply