cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments

I just switched over to Managed Payments.  How long does it actually take for the payment to be deposited in your bank account?  I sold something on February 2 but the payment hasn't shown on my checking account yet and I'm supposed to ship the item out today.

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Managed Payments

Change you Payment Method on the shipping label page to use your Managed Payment funds.

And it usually takes from 3 - 5 business days for the payment to reach your bank. Weekends don't count and some banks take longer.

I must be one of the few who like Managed Payments.  I don't have to mess with logging into Paypal, and I love that every Tuesday my money gets deposited so no having to transfer from PayPal.  I think it works fine, I rather ike it.

Message 3 of 46
latest reply

So I guess you have no problems with eBay having your SS number????  I don't trust them - too easy for scammers to get into eBay and steal that information!!!

Message 4 of 46
latest reply

@km181177 wrote:

I must be one of the few who like Managed Payments.  I don't have to mess with logging into Paypal, and I love that every Tuesday my money gets deposited so no having to transfer from PayPal.  I think it works fine, I rather ike it.

I like it to, I'm on weekly payouts and my funds are in my checking account Wednesday mornings.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 46
latest reply

@apartmentk9west wrote:

So I guess you have no problems with eBay having your SS number????  I don't trust them - too easy for scammers to get into eBay and steal that information!!!

I didn't have a problem giving it to Pay Pal and didn't have a problem giving it to Ebay when I signed up, and Adyen already had it.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 46
latest reply

What surprises me is that people keep reporting that they are fearful over providing their SSN and bank information to eBay, but in fact they provided that same information  to PayPal.  However, PayPal had a data breach in December of 2019 in which the hackers accessed information including names, addresses, bank account details, Social Security numbers and credentials of users who pay bills with TIO.   How quickly we forget.

If you reading regularly the tech reports any number of websites have been hacked through the years including eBay back in 2014.  However, these are the exceptions, not the norm as they are perpetuated by sophisticated hacker groups.   Most hacks usually originate from malware on an individual's internet device that accesses only that users account.  Or they gave it up in a phishing scam.

Message 7 of 46
latest reply

Print shipping label out of "Pending Payments" on the bottom left of the label.  Make sure that you check the box before printing.

I have my payments set for weekly payouts (Tuesdays) and have a Credit Union.  Monies are in there by Wednesday, like clockwork.  

Too many people are not reading up on the platform or are misinformed about their payments.  Take a bit to read and familiarize yourself with how it works and your options.

Best to you moving forward,

Grandma

Message 8 of 46
latest reply

@apartmentk9west wrote:

My wife told me she was able to avoid giving ebay her SS# by skipping it and going to the bottom of the page...

Message 9 of 46
latest reply

If someone is that worried about getting hacked and providing their SSN to ebay a quick suggestion do not turn your combuter on,to not have a cell phone. Do not in any way use any form of computer banking and you might not want to ever use any credit card. By the way to the best of my knowledge if you used Pay Pal you gave them your SSN. Oh and never shop and use a credit card at Walmart,Lowes  or any number of the major store that have been hacked. You might also want to also make sure you never use any of the social media sites. Especially like the one that is like a clock.

Message 10 of 46
latest reply

It usually takes 2 days for eBay to send the funds to your bank, then depending on your bank, can take another 3-5 business days. I set up an account at one of the common big banks in the US and it was a joke. They took forever to post the money. So I signed up for an account with Chime. I usually get the email from eBay that they sent the payout around 4am. Chime posts the money to my account around 7pm EXCEPT on Fridays. Any payout sent on Friday, will be there when I wake up Monday morning. Doing it this way also keeps eBay walled off from all other accounts. I have a debit card and can transfer money to another bank if need be. If you're concerned about being able to pay for shipping, then change your settings so the amount of the label is deducted from the payout amount. Problem solved. 

Message 11 of 46
latest reply

There is actually a way around having to give them your SS#.  If you register for a Federal ID Number for the Selling Name and Account then you never have to give any Seller or Buyer your personal SS #.  Just an idea for those that are looking to still leave Ebay due to having to release that information for all of the Non Employees of Ebay to have access to as well as sell to their friends.

Message 12 of 46
latest reply

This could be the end of eBay.  Not having access to payments to pay for shipping is very bothersome.   I see nothing good about this.  Another company will come along with a near clone of eBay yet allowing PayPal or other instant method and that will be the end of eBay over time.

Message 13 of 46
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@km181177 wrote:

I like it to, I'm on weekly payouts and my funds are in my checking account Wednesday morning

Count me in the "I like it too" camp.  My payout is still set to daily, but I intend to change to weekly as I think that's the best way to go. Probably do that this coming Tuesday after I move some $$ to my PayPal acct.   

Been using PayPal as a business account almost since the day they started on eBay. Over the years I hooked a few non-business recurring bills to it to take advantage of the 1% cashback using Paypal Business Debit as a CC card on file.  The change to MP forced me to get a new online account, the one I settled on is at Discover and have the same deal - a 1% cashback Debt (use as CC) card.  But there are many other good ones online.  The important thing is once I got the account and hooked up MP, which didn't take long to "pass muster" with ebay, I hooked it to my personal checking and to PayPal and tested sending money back and forth in all directions.

Anyway, that's the long way to say my transfer to MP and getting a new account was practically seamless and I am settled down in a new routine that for me works 100% like the old PayPal only way, and I've expanded/expanding how i operate with my eBay cash.  

Of course, YMMV and often does.

Message 14 of 46
latest reply

@gooddealdiscounts wrote:

This could be the end of eBay.  Not having access to payments to pay for shipping is very bothersome.   I see nothing good about this.  Another company will come along with a near clone of eBay yet allowing PayPal or other instant method and that will be the end of eBay over time.

Do you think that anyone that buys stuff on eBay gives a darn about how you pay your shipping or where their money goes and how you get your cut?  Many would be surprised to learn that you have no cash reserve and your cashflow is such that you can't ship a widget without cash from the sale, especially those millions of business people that live in a Net 30 world.

My 23 year old granddaughter hardly knows what PayPal is, she's got more ways she pays for things than you can shake a stick (or cell phone) at. She has a PP account but she says she hasn't used it since "I don't know when, maybe last year".  eBay is late to the game tapping into that, they're playing catchup. and that means we (eBay sellers) are playing catchup.

Message 15 of 46
latest reply