cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been told that the managed payments would take place at the end for the year for two years. Tired of the incompetents at Paypal and their "don't care" attitude.

Anybody had any problem switching over?

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Managed Payments

(Anybody had any problem switching over?)

30 Days with No Payout yet from Managed Payments. Desperate for Help

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/30-Days-with-No-Payout-yet-from-Managed-Payments-Desperate-fo... 

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

30% drop in sales since we migrated to MP.  Huge increase in returns, er rentals,.  We are now listed at "high" on seller metrics, we have always been low.   We're pretty frustrated,I hoped that moving over to MP would help sales 😞 

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

The only one it helps is Ebay, just like anything Ebay does.

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

MP has increased my seller fees from between 2-5%.  I sell items less than $50 and fees are higher for lower dollar items.  For example for me, a $6 sale, eb fees would be 12.35% plus 30 cents, or $1.04 total, which equates to approximately a 17% fee for a $6 item.  A $50 dollar item that I sell would have a $6.48 fee, or approximately a 13% fee rate.

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Tired of the incompetents at Paypal 

Just my personal opinion, but I think you'll find that in the long run, the short run, and every run in between, that PayPal is [likely] the lesser of the two evils.

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

Hi wickedwolfauto,

Check out this discussion, it might be related to you and your product category:

//community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Potential-problem-with-Promoted-Listings-impressions/m-p/31213970#M1...

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

Also, did not add fees for sales tax, so that would make eb fees a higher percentage than what I listed.  

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

ebay now is a taking the 10-12% of the sales tax they collect. It used to be just the 2.8% ripoff from paypal. ALl of my sales so far have cost me 50 cents to 3$ more in ebays system and I am a preferred seller or what ever its called with a supposed discount. Customer paid on Friday, ebay sends money to my bank on Monday they dont work over the weekend? and I get the money on Thursday . So a whole week of no funds yet I have spent money on shipping up front.  I thin k i will forgo the stupid little discount for running herd to ship same day or next and make ebay look good and just list my items with a disclaimer that I will ship when the money  hits my bank. Might hurt me a little but it will hurt ebay more.

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

I will ship when the money  hits my bank

If you plan to do that, then I suggest increasing your handling time.  ebay still wants you to ship according to your handling time, otherwise you will get dings for late shipment.

I have been in MP since October 2018, and I have a 1-day handling time.  No problems at all.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

@dudeboy777 wrote:

ebay now is a taking the 10-12% of the sales tax they collect. It used to be just the 2.8% ripoff from paypal. ALl of my sales so far have cost me 50 cents to 3$ more in ebays system and I am a preferred seller or what ever its called with a supposed discount. Customer paid on Friday, ebay sends money to my bank on Monday they dont work over the weekend? and I get the money on Thursday . So a whole week of no funds yet I have spent money on shipping up front.  I thin k i will forgo the stupid little discount for running herd to ship same day or next and make ebay look good and just list my items with a disclaimer that I will ship when the money  hits my bank. Might hurt me a little but it will hurt ebay more.

Well not exactly.  Yes sales tax has a FVF in MP, but it isn't as much of an increase as you have stated.  As you are already aware, we have always paid PP a fee for processing sales tax which was at 2.9%.  

For a non store owner lets say your FVF in MP is 12.35%.  That percentage includes the money processing fee.  So on the sales tax portion of a sale which is typically less than 10% of the sale, you will have a new FVF on that portion that you have not paid before of 9.45% [12.35% - 2.9% = 9.45%].

Now keep in mind that increase is only on the sales tax portion of your sale.  The other 90+% of your sale is at a lower FVF by .55%.  So you have an increase on 10% or less of your sale amount and a decrease on 90+% of your sale amount.

37.JPG

If your deposits are taking that long to arrive at your bank after Mp releases the transfers, that is your bank's issue, not MP.  Small more local banks tend to take longer to get the transfers.  Larger banks do not.  For example I do weekly deposits.  The transfer goes out on Tuesday morning each week.  I have the deposit at my bank before noon on Wednesday.  I bank with BOA.

The TRS discount is actually a bit larger in MP that it was before.  Pre MP the TRS discount was calculated on the FVF for the product only.  In MP it is calculated on the entire FVF which includes the FVF for sales tax, shipping and the money processing fee.  

Do not put that "disclaimer" in your listings.  That is likely to get you into trouble with Ebay and you risk getting your selling account into trouble.  There is no rule in MP that says you have to ship right away.  That isn't driven by MP.  That is driven by the handling time you have stated in your listings.

So if you don't want to ship until the money is actually in your bank account, there is nothing wrong with doing that as long as you have the handling time in your listing stated correctly.  

Don't do this without having the proper handling time stated in your listings.  If you don't, you are going to get hit with late shipment defects and put the health of your selling account in jeopardy.  

You just need to decide what is best for you.  Either method is fine as long as you handling time is correct on the listing.

@dudeboy777 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 36
latest reply

If you think Paypal is bad just wait till you get on MP.  No matter if you choose "next day" payouts, you will be waiting days and days for Ebay to "complete" you sale and send the money.  In 20 years I have never had a sale not complete when paid with a credit card, but Ebay uses this as an excuse to keep our money as long as they possibly can. I am lucky to get two payments a week, and usually most of my payouts are stuck in "processing" with Ebay, or if completed, don't get sent out till the next time they decide to send me the money I am owed.  Take it or leave it, this is the new Ebay payout system.  You will be WISHING you had Paypal again!!!!

"It is unreasonable to attempt to reason with the unreasonable."
Message 12 of 36
latest reply

Just had to sign onto eBay’s Managed Payment’s. I have not been paid yet through managed payments; supposed to be daily...I will not ship items until money is in my bank account. Never had a problem with PayPal ever! I changed my delivery dates to reflect the payouts which appear to be maybe 2X a week and NOT on weekends. I don’t trust this whole process. Time will tell. I sell mainly record albums and books. Might have to take my business elsewhere. Also a problem with paying shipping upfront is an issue.

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

@mritony wrote:

Just had to sign onto eBay’s Managed Payment’s. I have not been paid yet through managed payments; supposed to be daily...I will not ship items until money is in my bank account. 

IMHO punishing your buyers and potentially sabotaging your own selling account is a short-sighted way of responding to an eBay issue. 

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

I have been trying to sign in for 4 months! I have called and no one has given me a answer. I have a very hard time understanding the people on the phone. I have ask my Daughter to step in for help. Still do not get any answer. Got a note from ebay that said  I could longer list any items. I have not sold anything for quite a while.  I have a buyer that gave me a very hard time. Have tried to report it and my page will not let me do so.  What goes on with my ebay! Thanks!!! suszy-q

Message 15 of 36
latest reply