cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Longtime Seller Having Funds Held For Two Weeks...What?

I've been buying and selling on Ebay for over a decade. I have perfect feedback and always ship within two days  After not selling anything in almost two years I decided to post some things I wasn't using. I was annoyed that I can no longer use Paypal for payments but I verified my bank via their micro payment system anyways.

I sold an item on Saturday and mailed it out on Monday. I thought it was odd that I hadn't received the payment in my checking account. I checked my sellers account and it says "Funds on hold - Estimated release on Sep 2".  This is insane.  Like I said, I've been selling on Ebay for over a decade with no issues and my funds are being held for two weeks. Nice display of Loyalty, Ebay. I will no longer be selling and I'm really fighting the urge not to close my account altogether.

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Longtime Seller Having Funds Held For Two Weeks...What?

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the reply but I don't need Ebay any longer. I am trusting them as much as they are trusting me. I don't have time to go over the user agreement every day.  I am beyond mad I am just done.

Not a single poster has suggested or implied that you need to go over the "user agreement every day".   That overstatement comes from your feeling of frustration, not fact.

This issue you are having has nothing to do with "trust".  Ebay does not know each of their over 19 million sellers personally to know if they can be trusted.  And that simply has nothing to do with your problem.  You are taking it personally when it is simply business.  A rule that Ebay has created a long time ago that helps to protect the security of the site.  There are good reasons for the rule but at this point I'm confident you don't care about that.  

I wish you nothing but the best in where you go from here.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 31 of 33
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, there are very good reasons for this policy. One it forces a seller like me. Who only lists when they have something they want to sell.  Unfortunately these reasons only benefit Ebay.  Two this policy is implemented on a shotgun basis. A quick review of a seller's history ought to reveal if they are a problem. Think even a robot would believe after 22 years of trouble-free selling and buying history . That I would suddenly turn into a cheat.

To buy something just to sell on Ebay to keep from going into the 90 day idle status. Is frankly stupid. If I get something at x price. So can many buy at same x price. Then factor in Ebay's percentage . Would be hard just to break even. I am sure there will be others that see no problem with this policy. I am not one of them.

I know that any employee of any company is duty bound to defend their company. How many casual seller's does Ebay wish to drive away ?  I also reserve the right to be personally offended by any policy by any company. The it's just business nothing personal refrain used to be used by the Mafia.

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 33 of 33
latest reply