cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item delivered to different zip code due to picking up signature required item from post office

eBay is holding my funds for 30 days. 

they are saying that the item was delivered to a different zip code. When in reality. This item was attempted, and left a delivery notice (due to the item requiring a signature) to the correct delivery zip code. But was picked up at the USPS ZIP CODE. (Which differs from the delivery zip code) So eBay is saying it was delivered to a different zip code. 

This is a fraud excuse. The buyer even said in a message that they received the notice, and has to pick it up the next day.

The buyer hasn’t left feedback, or replied to my messages. So I’m not getting paid for 30 days.

Yeah. Lesson learned here not to add a signature request when sending packages. I guess I won’t be insuring my packages anymore either. If I decide I even want to continue.  

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Item delivered to different zip code due to picking up signature required item from post office

I’ve tried to contact eBay multiple times. They just say that the “system” won’t let them release the funds. I’ve sold thousands in recent items. Always 100% feedback. 

I will be deleting my eBay account once this transaction is finally finalized. If I live long enough to get to see the money. 

eBay is a joke. 

They also charged this customer taxes when they purchased the item from a sales Tax free state. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

You have no selling feedback for 6 months. That is the actual reason your payment is held. You are being treated as a new or infrequent seller, subject to the 14-30 day payment hold.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

For your second comments you know nothing about how sales tax works. The sales tax isn't charged to the seller's state. It is charged by the state it is delivered to. If their freight forwarder is in a state that charges sales tax they are charged sales tax. Has nothing to do with your tax free state.

What autistic tendencies are you referring to? I have an autistic grandson who is non-verbal, extremely helpful, too helpful sometimes, playful, affectionate, shy around others and is fascinated with running water. I kind of resent that remark about your buyer is greedy and has autistic tendencies. I wasn't aware greedy was associated with autism.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

The Pokemon cards sold for more then $1000 and you haven't sold much lately, so they will hold the funds for 30 days.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@atozhighline wrote:

If I decide I even want to continue with Jewbay.  

What is Jewbay?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

There's so much wrong with your message that I am not sure why I am bothering to reply.

First of all, it does seem like most sellers would understand that the state sales tax charged to the buyer is based on the state of the buyer's delivery address.

Secondly, have no idea what "autistic tendencies" would be, but that, like another remark you've made here, is wildly offensive.  

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@atozhighline wrote:

Yeah. Lesson learned here not to add a signature request when sending packages. I guess I won’t be insuring my packages anymore either. If I decide I even want to continue with XXXXX.  

The anti-Semitic reference isn't appropriate. As for the "lesson" to not add s.c., for any sale of $750 (total payment), you must purchase signature confirmation.

@atozhighline wrote:

eBay is holding my funds for 30 days. 

Your money is being held because you're a new seller with an expensive sale. It has nothing to do with the zip code delivery.

@atozhighline wrote:

They also charged this customer taxes when they purchased the item from a sales Tax free state. 

It doesn't matter what state you're in. The buyer's state to which they are delivering the item requires ebay to collect sales tax. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Im surprised people even responded to this thread. Ignorant beyond belief.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

There's so much wrong with your message that I am not sure why I am bothering to reply.

First of all, it does seem like most sellers would understand that the state sales tax charged to the buyer is based on the state of the buyer's delivery address.

Secondly, have no idea what "autistic tendencies" would be, but that, like another remark you've made here, is wildly offensive.  

I don’t find it offensive - only because it is so ridiculous.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

A seller who hasn't sold an item in 30 days will have funds on hold for 30 days. Rather cut and dry here as the reason.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

Im surprised people even responded to this thread. Ignorant beyond belief.

homersimpson.gif

Message 12 of 12
latest reply