cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is everyone really ok with no longer receiving invoices and having fees yanked out of checking?

I realize most are not in phase 2 or group 2 managed payments yet but everyone will be soon. Without warning, eBay placed me in group 2 and now I no longer get invoices. Store subscription fees and any FedEx/UPS fees are yanked out of my checking account without a heads up. 

I have phoned multiple times and there is no ability to pay these fees with a credit card. Basically eBay has decided (unlike our customers) that their customers must pay cash for everything. 

There is no plan to send an invoice warning that the fees are now due.

There is no way to pay ahead of time. These store etcetera fees, which are not directly associated with a particular sale the way FVFs are, will be first taken from any current sale funds, and then from your checking account if there isn't enough in your MP account. Trying to account for partial deposits, month-later shipping fees deducted, all of this non-associated costs will be a nightmare. 

Are people really ok with this?

Message 1 of 105
latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

Is everyone really ok with no longer receiving invoices and having fees yanked out of checking?

@tink012  this is very disconcerting to hear.  I am aware that eBay is moving in this direction, whether we like it or not, but several of us (like @mcdougle4248 ) have been told we will be notified before our accounts are changed to the "new experience" of having things like advertising fees and store subscription fees come out of Managed Payments.

If that notice isn't happening, that's a huge problem, on top of the very valid concerns you expressed as well. 😩

payments_team@ebay  please clarify how this rollout is being handled and whether sellers will receive at least a modicum of respect from eBay by being allowed notice before changes take affect?

Message 2 of 105
latest reply

I just signed up for MP as of Jan 1 - I read all the info and nothing anywhere on the website or here mentioned group 2. Then when money was yanked out of my checking, I called and was told, oh you are in group 2. I said I didn't want to be. Sorry, you are. So I not only didn't get notice, I was misled by what is explained about MP.

My other point is that I think eBay needs to reconsider why their customers (us) must pay our bills (over & above FVF) in cash instead of our preferred payment, unlike our customers who have flexibility in how they pay.

Message 3 of 105
latest reply

Can you clarify a couple of things that I am not truly following...

1. Store etcetera fees which are not directly associated with a particular sale the way FVF are? What are those?

2. Accounting for partial deposits? Isn't this an "issue" no matter what kind of business you would run? I clicked on the Transaction Detail for my last "partial deposit" and it showed ALL the transactions that deposit covered. Just for giggles, I ran through and manually tallied everything. It came out to the penny.

3. "Months" later shipping fees. From what I understand, the only shipping fees coming out from the ebay account is UPS. Granted, if you ship a LOT of UPS this could be an issue, but also from what I understand, the shipping fees are deducted at the end of the month. I just checked my bank account and I have not had anything deducted yet nor from my ebay account. I have no idea how this will break down.

4. "Non-associated costs". Could you give specific examples? I have a store. I use Promoted Listings. Everything I sell is pretty much in black and white as far as fees.

I'm not trying to be a jerk with my reply.  I have said this in other posts that I could be here next week that "EBAY TOOK MY MONEY!!!" but my experience...so far....has been positive. Personally. I like Managed Payments. I think I'm the only one though.

I'd like to help you if I can.

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Message 4 of 105
latest reply

I should have said *MOSTLY* positive. I have had a hiccup here and there....Got one we're trying to figure out without much luck...

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Message 5 of 105
latest reply

@tink012 wrote:

I realize most are not in phase 2 or group 2 managed payments yet but everyone will be soon. Without warning, eBay placed me in group 2 and now I no longer get invoices. Store subscription fees and any FedEx/UPS fees are yanked out of my checking account without a heads up. 

I have phoned multiple times and there is no ability to pay these fees with a credit card. Basically eBay has decided (unlike our customers) that their customers must pay cash for everything. 

There is no plan to send an invoice warning that the fees are now due.

There is no way to pay ahead of time. These store etcetera fees, which are not directly associated with a particular sale the way FVFs are, will be first taken from any current sale funds, and then from your checking account if there isn't enough in your MP account. Trying to account for partial deposits, month-later shipping fees deducted, all of this non-associated costs will be a nightmare. 

Are people really ok with this?

I am not OK with this.  I know this is being rolled out in phases, at least that is what I was told by a MP team member.   This same MP team member told me that we would be getting advance notice before the change took place on our accounts.   Clearly that did not happen for you.  

eBay's continuing disrespect for sellers by not communicating properly is completely unacceptable.  I hope the payments team responds to @valueaddedresource  tag.  I think we are owed an explanation.

Message 6 of 105
latest reply

@firesteel_surplus wrote:

I should have said *MOSTLY* positive. I have had a hiccup here and there....Got one we're trying to figure out without much luck...

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Can you explain the "hiccup" you are experiencing?  Maybe someone here can help.

Message 7 of 105
latest reply

@tink012 

It is my understanding that in Phase 2 the monthly Store Fees and some of the other fees, that are not yet charged to those in MP Phase 1, will be charged to your MP account.  That is NOT directly pulling from your checking account, at least not yet.

If these fees put you MP into a negative balance then you need to make sure you go to your Seller Hub, Payment tab, then the Summary page.  On the right side of that page you will find a place to enter alternative funding sources.  Make sure you have those filled end.  Both options on the bottom of the list.

MP Financial Settings.JPG

If you have these filled out, MP should not be looking to your actual checking account of fund a negative balance in your MP account.

As far as not getting an invoice any longer.  ALL the details of what transpires in your MP account is available on the Detailed Transaction report, so you aren't losing visibility or the details of any fees.

This is a different method for this site [not other similar sites] so it will take a little getting use to.  But it doesn't have to be a "nightmare".

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 105
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@tink012  this is very disconcerting to hear.  I am aware that eBay is moving in this direction, whether we like it or not, but several of us (like @mcdougle4248 ) have been told we will be notified before our accounts are changed to the "new experience" of having things like advertising fees and store subscription fees come out of Managed Payments.

If that notice isn't happening, that's a huge problem, on top of the very valid concerns you expressed as well. 😩

payments_team@ebay  please clarify how this rollout is being handled and whether sellers will receive at least a modicum of respect from eBay by being allowed notice before changes take affect?

It is my understanding that for the newer members being onboarded for about the last month or so this is true and they are being told in the information provided to them but honestly I haven't seen the information provided to them so I don't know that for sure.

For the rest of us, we should be getting a notice when they move us into this plan too.  

Message 9 of 105
latest reply

Have I missed a HUGE memo? What is this...?
Message 10 of 105
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

Have I missed a HUGE memo? What is this...?

I don't think so.  For those of us that have been in MP for awhile this doesn't affect us yet.  But Ebay has told us historically that at some point they will be running Store Fees and other fees that are currently on the Monthly Seller Invoice through MP for immediate payment.  For us this is not in effect yet and we are referred to as Phase 1.

Phase 2 are sellers that are being newly onboarded into MP for the at least a month back [I think].  These sellers are going to have these fees ran through their MP accounts so for them there is likely no need for a monthly Seller Invoice any longer because there are no fees represented on it.  But they will have FULL visibility of these fees on their Detailed Transaction Reports in MP.

I'm unsure if the OP is confused or if something else is going on for them, but it isn't that Ebay dips directly into their checking accounts with no consideration to running through MP first.  It has to go through MP first.  If back up funding sources are entered on their account, if their account goes into a negative balance because of the fees, MP will look to the back up funding source to satisfy the negative balance and will not go to their checking account.

@mtgraves7984 

Message 11 of 105
latest reply

I missed it too....news to me.

Message 12 of 105
latest reply

@mam98031 

So, if I have my "automatic payment method" in my Payments Summary for Payouts, set to a credit card, which it is already for my invoices currently received, then funds will be charged rather than being pulled from a checking account.  Correct?  Basically the effect would be what is on our invoices right now, but charged in real time vs once a month.  Yes?

Message 13 of 105
latest reply

@mtgraves7984  eBay is rolling out a "new experience" where eventually all fees will be taken from your Managed Payments balance and/or your payment method on file with MP if your MP balance is not enough to cover it. 

You didn't "miss" anything....eBay would have had to make an announcement for you to miss. 🙄 It's pretty much just been finding out by tripping upon it on a random policy/help page or finding out when a seller already in the "new experience" asks a question about it.

Last month I discovered they were going to change this for Promoted Listings fees as part of this discussion:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/TRS-Promoted-Listings-Credit-Going-Away-Weekly-Chat-Follow-Up/... 

PL Credit FAQ 12-12-20-2.jpg

And it looks like they also started moving over store subscription fees with new sellers/subscriptions back in October.

https://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

storefees.jpg

Message 14 of 105
latest reply

@valueaddedresource 

@mtgraves7984 

Thank you - this additional info is very helpful - and I was unaware of it.  I appreciate you posting it.

Message 15 of 105
latest reply