cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is eBay having issues today?

For the 1st time in 20 years, I had 2 sales yesterday and the buyers have not paid. Coincidence? Invoices were sent and ebay sent reminders to pay.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Is eBay having issues today?

Nope. No issues detected here.

If they were auctions or offers, then buyers have 4 days to pay, unless you have the Immeadiate Payment Required option toggled for offers. 

I dont have the Immeadiate Payment Required for offers on, so my buyers pay when they get ready.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Are buyers adding an item to their cart and not paying?

It's looks like something new I notice a few days ago.

Item shows "add to cart" next to the item for sale.

But not every seller has this next to their item for sale.

It is a new "feature" for some buyers.

Could be another "test" by eBay.

Basically item sits until it is paid by buyer or seller cancels it.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

They  make offers, I accept them, they appear "Sold", invoices are sent, ebay says they send reminder to buyers. And then nothing.  It happened again yesterday, now I have 3 items that sold with no payment.

It just seems really weird. I'll snoop around to look for this feature. Thanks for your input!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It is just a coincidence.  If you don't have the box checked for immediate payment sometimes people don't pay.  I have actually not had too many not pay for many months now.  At times it happens with 2 to 3 sales at once by different people.  I too have been on eBay for a long time (since 1999)

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Your doing far better than most sellers.   Some people don't check their internet every day.  They can win an auction and not know about it right away.   If it becomes a problem, list as fixed price  buy it now set to require payment right away.   Many buyers don't want to wait for auctions to end anyway.

You can file and close a non payment case.  Do you have your account set to block buyers with two or more non payment strikes?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

What struck me as odd was that they all made offers, which I accepted. In which case, I would think they would be monitoring their account. I thought I had my listings to require immediate payments, but it seems as if eBay changes things more frequently these days.

I manually block buyers who cancel on me.  Two of them told me they were trying to cancel,  but had to wait so many days.  Would you let it ride and have them cancel, or go ahead a non payment clause, as you mentioned? Do buyers get dinged for that?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply