cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is eBay double dipping? shipping fees, additional fees

My payment received for 1 sale I made has 2 ADDITIONAL SHIPPING FEES deducted from the 1 item,

For those other items, I required the BUYER to pay the shipping which is noted on the transaction. 

So WHY is eBay deducting them AGAIN from my 1 most recent sale?

I am on the verge of shutting down my seller's account . I do not like being robbed.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Is eBay double dipping? shipping fees, additional fees

Yes, I noticed that too.  Also, If I'm understanding Ebays fees correctly, seller fee percentages are based on the item sale, taxes and postage together. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. So does Ebay make money on postage and taxes from we the sellers?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

we had 7000 dollars taken that ended up getting us evicted. It's a big issue if you go through the community board. I am kind of amazed it has not reached global news by now. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@gregalion 

eBay only deducts "shipping" if you purchase a shipping label on eBay.

Go to the sellers hub>

Hover on payments>

Click on "transactions" to see what the "deductions" were for.

-----------------------------------------

For those other items, I required the BUYER to pay the shipping

-----------------------------------------------

When shipping is not included in the selling price the buyer pays YOU.  You then purchase shipping where ever you so choose.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@b-rren-zwrad9mr57 

As stated in the "fees" policy, yes, we are charged the "simplified fees" (the fvf) on the entire buyer payment.

The fees are about the same in eBay/MP as they would be with eBay/PP.  Some just a bit more, some just a bit less depending upon the sales tax rate where the item is being delivered.  (PP raised their fees for most of us)

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I'm so sorry to read that. I hope you hired a lawyer or at the very least filed a case in court. That is CRIMINAL of eBay to do to you.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

yeah ok. if you say so. wait until you get stung then we'll see...

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

That-Is-Scarey.

I read where ppl go to court and nothing happens to get the money back to the sellers.  Can this be a 'new' thing now?  Legally??

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

The buyer paid shipping and you got the shipping money, and in turn you have to pay for the shipping label. That's not being double charged for shipping.   You will only get charged for two labels if the buyer returns an item that's not as described.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Yes. In all actuality, in many cases, eBay is very much double-dipping on the fees. If you sell a widget for $20 and charge the buyer the actual shipping label cost of let's say $6.25, they are charging you a FVF on the entire $26.25. Never mind the fact you're not making one red penny on the shipping label and they're taking 13%, or more, of it from you. Add to that a listing fee if you're not a store owner and they really have you over a barrel.

I'm surprised they're legally allowed to charge a fee on shipping. I understand their reasoning behind it (sellers selling an iPhone 13 for $5 with $900 shipping) but there are so many better ways to remedy that kind of issue without screwing those that aren't trying to 'get one over' on the fee structure, especially considering eBay themselves are facilitating the actual purchase of most shipping labels and know what the seller paid for it. 

When they can see you paid $6.25 for the label and you charged the buyer $6.25 for the label, it's downright unethical to charge the seller a fee on it, regardless of what the policy is, and eBay deserves to lose sellers over it. 

When a corporation shows you that they are untrustworthy, believe them.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply