cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Managed Payments only for Stores?

I had to sign up for Managed Payments on my store account but got nothing for my other account which is not a store.  Is this just something store have to deal with or will the other account eventually be forced into this fiasco as well?  I'm ready to give up my store because of this.  Fronting shipping payments when I don't have the money yet is a joke.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Is Managed Payments only for Stores?

Answering my own question for anyone who needs to know.  I finally got through to ebay customer service.  This is being rolled out in phases, stores first.  The individual accounts will eventually be rolled over the Managed Payments as well.  

My biggest concern was that I thought I had no way to pay my shipping out of the funds received.  But I can.  On the shipping page you have the option to use your pending payouts for your shipping costs.  Yes, I will still have to wait longer for the funds to transfer to my checking account so that I have access to that money, but at least I'm not fronting the shipping payments out of non-ebay money.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Is Managed Payments only for Stores?

I started Managed Payments a little over a week ago and I'm a non-store.  Everyone will be enrolled, sooner or later.  

I think MOST people would have no problem with this fiasco if seller's funds were available immediately after an item is sold.  I cannot get used to this.  I just feel this is a complete money grab for ebay to sit on money and collect interest on that money before they "pay us out".  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply