cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infographic: How payouts work on managed payments

We wanted to provide more information on getting paid with managed payments. The full infographic is attached to this post, screenshots are below.

Screenshot 1Screenshot 1Screenshot 2Screenshot 2Screenshot 3Screenshot 3

Message 1 of 198
latest reply
197 REPLIES 197

Re: Infographic: How payouts work on managed payments

Must be a glitch: I am up to $998.68 that has not been deposited, I have contacted ebay at least 4-5 times to try to get resolved.. I have not had ONE single deposit hit my bank since I went live in October. I am having to pay for labels and product out of my own pocket instead of using profit which is getting tiresome. It says payments sent but then after a few days "We ran into a problem" then automatically retries but again after a few more days "We ran into a problem"... I tried to Update my bank account information in the payouts screen and that button is in grey and will not let me press it... Not sure how to get this resolved, I keep getting messages through ebay " We ran into a problem" EXAMPLE: On Nov 10, 2020 we tried sending you a payout amount of $93.36, but we ran into a problem with your bank account.

Message 31 of 198
latest reply

@chpohlman333 wrote:

This is ridiculous and an attempt to fleece people you think are stupid.  You eliminated PayPal which many of us prefer and now we get to pay you the fees instead of them.  And you'll take 2 days to do what PayPal did in 2 seconds (to quote another user).  Don't dress a  fat pig in lipstick and try and tell us it's a good deal.  

The "fronted" PP payment was a fat pig in lipstick.  Some just did not know it, and still refuse to accept the fact that it was😉

PP "fronted", or MP "confirmed",   it's the same stuff with the same caveats. A business model that can not sustain a short "actual money in hand" delay may need some evaluation.

PP did not do it in "2 seconds". They only gave the illusion that they had. See how fast it goes back "out of your hands" anytime in the next 180 PP days if a buyer opens a dispute.

Message 32 of 198
latest reply

@kilgorecustoms-collectibles 

The bottom of the page of this link has a "have us call you".  It should be from a CSR versed in MP.   More help than a generic CSR.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/get-set-update-managed-payments-account?id=4792&st=12...

Message 33 of 198
latest reply

The fees are more now. I sold something for $170 and I only get $147. So that is a $23 fee out of $170. I believe before with PayPal as the management system, the fee would have been $20 or lower instead of $23. So this new management system is worse in every way.

Message 34 of 198
latest reply

Totally agree.  Just posted this same thing.   Was paid instantly until yesterday when they forced me to open a checking account just to get paid.   I assume once their business model flies to **bleep** they will reconsider the policies.  

Message 35 of 198
latest reply

No.  eBay took the 2.9 percent you paid PayPal and added it to their fees.  So you pay the same.   So they took something that worked and took the money from PayPal and then provide us with worse service by delaying our funds a week

Message 36 of 198
latest reply

Why does ebay need our social security number?

Anyone?

Message 37 of 198
latest reply

You are wrong Charles.   If the payment processing fee was 2,9% and now is zero that would be saving money.  All eBay did was take the 2.9 and move it from a processing free and now call it a final value fee.  So what I paid 10% for is now 13%.  How does that save anyone money?   You actually are charging the same but now provide worse service in that the money i got from PayPal was instant.  Now I must wait for you and my bank to process the payment to me.  And you for every seller to have a checking account that must be shared with you..  

Message 38 of 198
latest reply

I changed to the Ebay managed payment system.  I notice shipping fees are still coming from Paypal.  Is this correct?  

Message 39 of 198
latest reply

I'm still waiting for my managed payments to actually work, not had one deposit hit my bank account since I signed up last month...Its bleading my savings account dry and I'm unable to get my funds I am owed.. Called and talked to 6 different people and they are still working on it, I feel like i'm giving my merchandise away for free, paying for labels to ship it to them, paying fees, I would really hate to lose my business over this, I just want this to work and get my money!!!

Message 40 of 198
latest reply

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Message 41 of 198
latest reply

This is a horrendous system. eBay is trying to "fix" something that was never broken to begin with. Makes me want to quit all selling  

Message 42 of 198
latest reply

I just started MP last week and this is so inconvenient for sellers. Is not seller friendly and complicated. Too many steps with this new systems. The whole thing is just not user friendly. Not just the payments. I can't seem to find how to arrange my listings with the ones ending sooner om top. The whole thing is just a mess. Please make this user friendly like it used to be. Plus the #1 issue I have is NO MORE INSTANT PAYMENTS. This is unacceptable. Please add an instant payment option and offer a debit card. I just received my payout after waiting 6 days. That is insane. My payout option is set as daily so why I did get my payout today and not last week? ebay has to fix this mess. I'm sure I'm not the only one unhappy with the change. SMH! 

Message 43 of 198
latest reply

I totally Agree! I liked it just fine with PayPal!

Message 44 of 198
latest reply

This is a complete disgrace my margins are too thin to wait 2 to 4 business days for my money to clear why do I have to choose their system over PayPal anyway as long as they're getting their seller fees at the end of the month what dose it matter??  So now buyers have to wait 2 - 4 business days before their items can be shipped Which mean feedback scores are going to drop. It also means I could no longer buy things on the fly any current interests I have will be forgotten about in 4 business days. This new system sucks. 

Message 45 of 198
latest reply