cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In managed payments but shipping still coming out of PayPal?

I was put into managed payments about a week ago. I thought that shipping would be taken out of my payment before the remainder was sent to me. I just checked PayPal and shipping is being paid through there. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: In managed payments but shipping still coming out of PayPal?

You can change it the next time you print a label. There's a Payment Option link down on the left side of the label page that lets you set it to your Managed Payment account. Once you change it , it should default to that from then on.

Next time you print label...change to Managed Payments.   You also need to do the same thing for your MONTHLY INVOICE.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Is there a link to changing my monthly invoice payment?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Shipping labels can either be payed for out of pending payments from MP, or out of your linked PayPal account.  When you purchase a label and scroll to the bottom of the page, at the left, it will tell you if it's coming out of pending payments, there should also be a circle/dot/check box thing to pay out of PayPal instead if there isn't enough in the pending payments to pay for it.

There should be a way to default to pay out of pending payments.... not saying you do, but just in general if a seller doesn't check their sales for a couple of days and their pending payouts are already set for a pay out...it may say you don't have enough to pay and prompt you to pay with PayPal.

I have no use for PayPal anymore myself... I don't know why a secondary payment option like a debit/credit card can't be an option to pay for labels... 😕

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

All the way to bottom of page when you got to purchase label on eBay.

Screenshot 2021-01-08 205942.png

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thanks. I should have no problem finding that. Now how do I find the link to change my payment method for the monthly invoice?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Are you using the Seller Hub?

See if this helps.

I just have the Fees come off the sale.  But it seems like there is another button to click to make the Fees come off Credit Card.  I have Credit Card on file as a backup.

Screenshot 2021-01-09 012023.png

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I checked. It is being paid through my credit card. Perfect. Thanks

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I don't understand it either.  If they are going to force us off of Paypal they should offer and option in eBay account settings to set this up, not some fly by night option on the bottom of printing labels.  I also don't see an option to change invoice payments to the managed payments account.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I don't get it, why don't they just give you an option in your account settings to change the payment method for shipping labels?  That would be a heck of a lot easier than making you wait until you sell something and then you have to remember to change it while you print the label.   I have forgotten about it every time as I get busy and haven't sold so much this year so far.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply