cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just got the invite for Managed Payments and I am Done.

I just got the invite for Managed Payments and I am done by May 21st.  I've been here for 16 years and there is just no way I will agree to it.  I don't trust eBay so there is no way I am giving them my personal info.  So many changes that made my items invisible including Good Till Canceled, which just buried them on the search engines.  Other sellers having tons of duplicate listings that hide mine in some categories and eBay did nothing about it.  My little hobby is fun but I just can't justify being here anymore.  When I first started I could  hardly keep up.  Now I am lucky to have one sale a month on eBay.  My sales are little to none anyway, so there is no point in even switching.   It was fun while it lasted.  I have my items listed elsewhere so hopefully I will continue to sell there. 

Good luck to all.

I've reached that age where my brain goes from "you probably shouldn't say that." To "what the heck, let's see what happens. "
Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Good luck with all future ventures, I hope every thing goes very well for you 😊

eBay can be a tough place

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 40
latest reply

Best of luck on future endeavors  👍

Message 3 of 40
latest reply

As I always say, each seller must do what works best for that seller. Best of luck in your future endeavors! You have neat stuff!

Message 4 of 40
latest reply

eBay needs a separate board for these. 

dep.jpg

Message 5 of 40
latest reply

I do not blame you. I just started managed payments and compared costs on an item ( exact same item; no changes on my end ) before and after and the total fees were higher after starting managed payments. It is just a hobby for me and my wife too, so we will not be doing near as much.

It is not worth the headache. The daily tech glitches and changes are crazy and eBay let a buyer harass me TWO months after a sale. We really have better things to do. I feel for those who rely on eBay for income. I just liked finding bargains and passing them on. 

Best wishes

Message 6 of 40
latest reply

If we could only fly somewhere useful these days.

Message 7 of 40
latest reply

@luckythewinner 

I can hear the eBay intercom now "Now boarding at Gate 12, all those new to Managed Payments on May 21st 2021" 

😶

Message 8 of 40
latest reply

I have been here since 1999. Created a separate checking account just for managed payments. Been in since last August. Weekly payouts. Not too bad so far. You have to adapt and roll with the punches or find another venue but the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Good luck to you with whatever you decide.

Message 9 of 40
latest reply

When "Betsy" did their own payment system.  There were so many system glitches and cyber attacks they were pulling thousands of dollars out of sellers checking accounts.  I left there too.  Besides that "Betsy's" fees are just as bad as eBay now.  They charge an advertising fee if your item is on another site and the person buys it through that site.  Even if you don't join their advertising..  Greedy companies.

I've reached that age where my brain goes from "you probably shouldn't say that." To "what the heck, let's see what happens. "
Message 10 of 40
latest reply

I'm with you... no choice for  us... I'm not about to let some foreign computer company have my personal info in their files to be hacked.  IT WILL HAPPEN... happened in Paypal and they refunded my account and earned my loyalty.  Once is enough to go through that, and knowing eBay they'd blame the processor and the processor would blame eBay and eBay would point to some sub clause that holds them to be free from liability for hacking.  Ebay will protect ebay and sellers are just hoping to avoid being thrown under the bus, but it will happen...  unless of course  you're from China and then  you get a pass.

Message 11 of 40
latest reply

@shellhut I only keep $100 extra in the checking account in case an emergency occurs. I have my credit card on file for monthly subscription fees.  I transfer the money I get weekly from ebay the next day to my other accounts so there is never a lot of money in the account at any given time. So far so good. I remember back in the day when I used to get payment via check and money order in the mail. Wasn't happy when they switched to paypal. Turned out fine.  Paypal has my financial info. too. No issues. Now ebay has it. You just need to do whatever you can to best protect yourself. For me, that was creating a totally separate account and not keeping the money in there for any length of time.  

Message 12 of 40
latest reply

I am done with eBay as well, I just sold an item, which will ship to and address in the US, but because the seller is registered outside the U.S. eBay tacked on a $7.04 fee on top of the final value fee. This is a new fee they just started adding. eBay is an international company to pass on to the seller and "international fee" is totally unacceptable, I have one auction ending today, I have removed all other items and will close my account and sell on Instagram and FB if I have to,

Message 13 of 40
latest reply

Hi 

Very Sad most of the eBay members leaving eBay after introducing of Manage payment system hope that most of them doesn't have faith on eBay mange system but may be they prefer to continue with PayPal without going for this new system . Most members worked more than 10 -20 years who has huge experience in eBay selling and buying , also leaving eBay has to think about this situation . 

Message 14 of 40
latest reply

@r2-dtoys wrote:

I am done with eBay as well, I just sold an item, which will ship to and address in the US, but because the seller is registered outside the U.S. eBay tacked on a $7.04 fee on top of the final value fee. This is a new fee they just started adding. eBay is an international company to pass on to the seller and "international fee" is totally unacceptable, I have one auction ending today, I have removed all other items and will close my account and sell on Instagram and FB if I have to,

papypal had the same fee......tho I believe the % may have been slightly different.

Message 15 of 40
latest reply